Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 02:41 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,066,018 times

Advertisements

We live down in Parker, we had Comcast for 3 years. It was very fast and reliable. We are forced to have Century Link now while we're between houses, and its awful. Slow, the wifi modem that came with the service is weak as hell. I get a lot of lag while playing video games online. Takes forever for videos to load on youtube. Can't wait to get back to Comcast next month.

Maybe Century Link's service is better in the city, but for us in the southern suburbs, its god awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 02:47 PM

546 posts, read 1,809,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
We live down in Parker, we had Comcast for 3 years. It was very fast and reliable. We are forced to have Century Link now while we're between houses, and its awful. Slow, the wifi modem that came with the service is weak as hell. I get a lot of lag while playing video games online. Takes forever for videos to load on youtube. Can't wait to get back to Comcast next month.

Maybe Century Link's service is better in the city, but for us in the southern suburbs, its god awful.
They just made it available over here on the West side so I have to wonder if the equipment is newer and better?

Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,066,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter01 View Post
They just made it available over here on the West side so I have to wonder if the equipment is newer and better?
it might be. I keep seeing commercials for Century Link saying parts of Denver get 1 gig per second. I just roll my eyes and laugh lol. definitely not getting that in Parker. our equipment is new(er), just got the moden and CL service in November. we pay for one of their faster internet speeds with CL too, i'll have to check exactly what it is later.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:26 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,545,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter01 View Post
Wow--just dumped Xfinity last week and cannot believe how much better Century Link wireless is. We only have the 20 mbps w/ Prism TV and it is SO MUCH faster and a much better connection. We had to use an extender w/ our Xfinity Wireless-- we don't even need it anymore. We even had someone from Comcast come out because our wireless connection was so horrible, constant buffering, bumping us out, slow--he told me it was because my home was built really well and had thick walls. Apparently this is no issue with our new service. We can all be on multiple wireless devices at the same time, 3700 sq foot house, no issues. So glad we switched. We can watch Netflix, Amazon, etc. w/ absolutely zero buffering. We are also paying $50 less per month and instead of having to call Comcast every 3-6 months about my constantly rising bills we are actually locked in for 2 years. So far very happy. I sound like an ad for Century Link....seriously I am just so happy to be done with Comcast!!!! It's amazing what a difference good wireless can make in a person's daily life.
Xfinity is working great for us. We are now getting up to 100MPS and we have no issues streaming. We have multiple devices connected at the same time but we also now have two bands to connect to. I was close to getting rid of Xfinity last year but they talked me into staying by lowering our bill by quite a bit and upgrading our equipment at no charge.

I sound like an Xfinity commercial. Trust me I don't work for them but I do work in the cable industry here in Denver.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:37 PM

45 posts, read 54,263 times
We have CenturyLink and its a POS. Plus their customer service might be the worst in the world. I've called, had them make changes and email a confirmation, just to call again a couple of weeks later and have them tell me they have no record of it. I even forwarded the confirmation #, and they still "can't see any changes that were made".

Blows my mind that they even stay in business. We're moving soon, or else I would've already switched to Comcast.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:41 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Century Link was so bogus when I tried to sign up - they make you sign up and give your credit card info before they transfer you to Direct TV. So they expect you to agree to a contract over the phone without having full pricing info.

And they also thought I should be perfectly happy waiting about 3 weeks for install - moving into new construction, not switching from another provider.

Now they keep sending me snail mail - calls and emails too but at least I was able to opt out of those.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:36 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,145,284 times
Comcast completely blows.I've Had to call them 20 times since Sept due to my cable not working. This is all on the new X1 platform. Going back to Direct Tv

Old 05-04-2015, 04:40 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,545,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Comcast completely blows.I've Had to call them 20 times since Sept due to my cable not working. This is all on the new X1 platform. Going back to Direct Tv
That sucks. I have had no issues with the X1 platform. I just went into their office near Park Meadows and talk to them in person.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 PM

19,445 posts, read 8,990,715 times
I've had both, and I DEFINITELY prefer Comcast. My experience with Century Link's customer service was HORRIBLE.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:26 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,145,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That sucks. I have had no issues with the X1 platform. I just went into their office near Park Meadows and talk to them in person.

Serious issues here by Red Rocks College. BF had regular box and we went to fix his package and was told we HAD to upgrade to the X1. Nothing but problems. I can't tell you how many free movies, reductions we've gotten from me calling 20 times. We shutting it down the 20th of this month and cannot wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver