Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,900 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'll be moving to the Denver area later this summer and was looking at a few places in littleton, co. I was wondering what the safety was like near the light rail station. I thought usually the areas near park-and-rides weren't the safest, but this area looked pretty nice. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Nice suburban area.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
I don't know why you would think that an area around a Park-n-Ride or Light Rail station would unsafe, but many of them are in nice suburban areas -- including the Mineral Station. I would say that there are way more safe areas around Park-n-Rides than unsafe areas.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 AM

459 posts, read 807,709 times
I browsed the list of RTD park and rides (which includes light rail stations with parking) and I could only ID about 5 park and rides in questionable areas out of the 77 park and rides listed.

Whether it's urban,suburban, or exurban most of the area in proximity of RTD Park-n-rides like most of the Denver/Boulder metro area is safe. The Mineral station as others have noted is not one of the exceptions, and is in a very safe area.

That's not to say incidents do not occur at park and ride or light rail stations, but the same can be said for just about anywhere people gather (shopping centers, sporting events, concerts, high school parking lots, etc.).

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM

This happened at 0541 at Nine Mile a couple of Fridays ago:

7NEWS - Video captures 5 men robbing man at gunpoint at Nine Mile light rail station in Aurora - News Story

Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
David, that station has been open for seven years and this is one time occurrence in seven years. Does that make the station unsafe?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
And this one. It should be said that neither of these incidents were near Littleton or even on that line, and both took place in the midnight to 6AM time period.

Woman stabbed, husband assaulted near RTD Light Rail stop in Lakewood

Posted: 06/20/2013
Last Updated: 4 days ago

LAKEWOOD, Colo. - Lakewood police are asking for the public's help in identifying suspects who stabbed a woman and pepper sprayed her husband near the Lamar Light Rail Station.

The attack happened just before 2 a.m. on Monday, according to police.

Woman stabbed, husband assaulted near RTD Light Rail stop in Lakewood

Last edited by KaaBoom; 06-24-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,900 times
Thanks for the advice. I guess I just assume that park and rides aren't safe since there are often car break-ins there. I noticed there is a really nice apartment complex behind the shopping center that i might take a look at. It looks nice and gated so that would help my anxious self feel safer Do you have any insight into that apartment building?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM

45 posts, read 154,809 times
Mineral Light Rail station is on the southside of Littleton near Highlands Ranch. I don't think I have ever heard of anything crime-wise on the news. I have been in that area many, many times and the closest area that has issues near Broadway and Powers which is several miles away.

It is a very nice suburban area down there where Mineral Station is.

The Nine Mile station that was mentioned earlier is in a dense area of older apartment buildings and the area has had some crime problems. But Nine Mile which is near Parker and 225 is probably at least an hour away from Mineral Station.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
David, that station has been open for seven years and this is one time occurrence in seven years. Does that make the station unsafe?
Absolutely not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver