Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 PM

618 posts, read 1,361,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst2 View Post
Today was the first I've heard of RiNO and I know the reason is because of the warehouse fire in Oakland. I've lived in the 'burbs' of Denver since I came here from Omaha to work for the only original Denver airline back in the late 50's.

After reading some of your comments today, I have a lot of questions. First, exactly where IS this area...I mean how far ranging is it? I've seen a 15 minute walk to Coors Field...(which would be GREAT for me). Also, are most of you in the 'Millennial' age group? Any older, not really well-off retirees living in the area?

We are going to have to sell our home soon, as my 'government pension' has only 1 year left on it, and the amount I get from Social Security is just far too little....its even less than they take out to pay for Medicare.

You are probably laughing at this, but its absolutely the truth...there are several local governments that do not pay into SS, (and neither do you), but they do not tell you about the additional penalties imposed on the EMPLOYEE retiree until you are nearing retirement age. Its not at all pretty....and there seems to be nothing that can be done about it now that the majority have control of the executive, legislative and judicial parts of our government. I've been fighting for repeal of this archaic and dreadful law for 16 years, but all of the bills that have been put before the Senate and the House have never made it to the floor for a vote...President Obama stated he would have repealed those laws, but like I said, none ever made it to the floor...

So, its because this house needs so much work INSIDE, that we will have to sell, PLUS the taxes are going to be completely out of reach. I'm interested in learning the types of homes available in the area, and what the average price is...one level...even if its a condo....the lower level, or what the rents run...

I know of the condos and apartments adjacent to Coors Field....but I doubt these would be in our price range...

But please, just some answers on exactly the area RiNO encompasses, and the things near to it other than
Coors.

Seriously. No we aren't looking to live in a warehouse, but I'm really curious about finding out about the area.
My short response----RINO is the portion of Five Points mostly west of the rail lines along Brighton Blvd and Platte River that has been traditionally light industrial and has been rapidly converting into a mixed use area. I think The Source and Great Divide Brewing are probably the most well-known landmarks. Prices are similar to what you see near Coors Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 01:05 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,273,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgoodman View Post
I think a bigger issue is it's too early on in the gentrification cycle for some people to see what the neighborhood is turning into. Others may not want to buy a place where they have to wait for it to be the neighborhood they really want. Especially when the neighborhood they want may already exist elsewhere in the city. It should be priced with that in mind if it isn't already.
Are you talking about RiNo 2016 or LoDo 1990?

I had a chance to purchase a 2 BR loft in LoDo in 1990, but thought the neighborhood was iffy. One of my biggest life's regrets.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:38 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,799,026 times
I like it - doesn't seem as stuck up as LOHI or Highlands. Always seems like there is something new popping up out there bar & restaurant wise.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:51 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,584,612 times
Neighborhood names are so lame nowadays.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:15 PM

2,324 posts, read 5,495,094 times
RINO is loosely the area NORTH of Broadway, East of the Platte River, West of about Arapahoe and South of Downing. I lived there for 6 years (before it became super-cool) and loved it. The prices have skyrocketed in the last 4 years. My place was approx. 700 sq. ft. an it would sell for close to $300,000 now or rent for about $1800/mo. Sure wish I still owned it...

Last edited by whoisjongalt; 12-19-2016 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 12-21-2016, 07:11 AM

22,201 posts, read 29,249,685 times
I was just in this neighborhood apparently and had no idea. It was ok but I wouldn't be there at night

Old 12-21-2016, 10:18 AM

18 posts, read 31,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
RINO is loosely the area NORTH of Broadway, East of the Platte River, West of about Arapahoe and South of Downing. I lived there for 6 years (before it became super-cool) and loved it. The prices have skyrocketed in the last 4 years. My place was approx. 700 sq. ft. an it would sell for close to $300,000 now or rent for about $1800/mo. Sure wish I still owned it...
How in the world can one be NORTH of Broadway or SOUTH of Downing?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:51 AM

17,691 posts, read 29,669,877 times
Default Facts are stubborn things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rischthorpe View Post
How in the world can one be NORTH of Broadway or SOUTH of Downing?
NW of Broadway and SW of Downing. Loosely.

Geography is not a strong point with citizens of Los Estados Unidos .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: