Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,137 times

Advertisements

I am a moving to Denver in a few months. I am 25, single, female, and will be working close to downtown. The thing is - I've only visited Denver once and have no idea what area might be best for me. I know that I don't want to be right downtown (ie no loft living), but I also don't want to be stuck out in suburbia. I'm active but pretty laid back, and would prefer to find a neighborhood with other young people and one that is on the bohemian side. I'm not big into the party scene, but still want to be able to meet others like myself. I'll be living alone, renting, and should be able to swing between $800 and $900 a month. I'm a lawyer 9-5, but in my personal life I'm more liberal and artsy - would like to find a place to reflect that.

I guess I just want to be close to downtown, but still want a small house or duplex. Am I out of luck??????

Thanks for any help!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 04:36 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
While you wait for specific replies, consider using our Search Tool with keywords like: single singles young active downtown

There's been a lot written along these lines in the past and can be dug out with a quick search. Advanced Search is best, it turned up 103 hits with this one having good info: //www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ml#post1194117

s/Mike

Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,857 times
Default Piggy-backing on your post... also Single Female Professional looking to move to Denver

hey, I was about to post a thread asking about the best places for wholesome single life in Denver... but then I saw your's!

I am a 28-year old architectural design professional, originally from Colo, but I've been living & working in Los Angeles for over 5 years now. Want to get back to my mountains so I am in the process of transferring with my company. The office is on the 16th street mall... I am trying to decide where to live near there.

Any recommendations? I am looking for a "bohemian", laid-back, educated, friendly, wholesome, active community... where a single person could feel connected, and not isolated... I was considering Morrison... but the commute might be horrible... and it might be too far away? Or too rural? So now I am looking at near downtown, but would love to find a place near bike paths / recreation / with cafe's / bookstores / places to hang out and mingle... I am completely over the bar scene, so I am looking for more cultural and less "drunk" community. :-) Picture an oldtown / small downtown kind of feel... a very lively community that feels connected.

I would appreciate any insight anyone has on the neighborhoods surrounding Downtown / near 16th street mall. (Central Denver?) Capitol Hill, near Wash Park, near City Park.

Thanks so much!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,334 times
maybe try highlands (not highlands ranch), cheeseman/cap hill, congress park, or baker, and maybe in that order. some of around city park's possibly like you'd like (or more around 17th b/w clarkson and maybe josephine). probably more "bohemian" in these areas (more so in potter highlands - east highlands - than highlands) than in wash park or most other areas around. much of denver and surrounding areas are sort of decidedly not "bohemian", otherwise.

good luck with the move.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM

676 posts, read 2,796,118 times
You might want to check out the riverfront park area just north of the Union Station. Plenty of new condos set on a very laid back area of downtown. Lots of bike paths and trails and parks

Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
You might want to check out the riverfront park area just north of the Union Station. Plenty of new condos set on a very laid back area of downtown. Lots of bike paths and trails and parks
...though rather NOT "bohemian" (rather the opposite, arguably).

Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,014 times
Check out Smokey Hill and e470 area,,,,,up and coming area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver