Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 AM

557 posts, read 810,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankcy View Post
After a short walk around cherry creek north I knew it was a good area for me. The amenities are awesome I just wish they had washer/dryer in the apts...
Yeah, that was a con for us as well, but the laundry room is large enough that you won't likely have much issue with finding available machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,685 times
Quote:
Hi everyone, I wanted to come on and thank everyone for their help. I looked at 8 apts today from Dayton station, s. Monaco, and cherry creek. At the end of the day I went with the seasons of cherry creek. I lucked out with a studio that wasn't remodeled for 995$. I walked and drove around and really liked the area. I was thinking about savoy at Dayton station but they didn't have great reviews and I wanted something different than a huge. Apt complex although it did seem to be close to a few bars, the light rail, and stores.

Think I made a good choice with the seasons? I'll give a review of the places if anyone is interested...
Good choice. I know many people who lived in The Seasons. You're a short stumble away from Choppers! That place is a blast during any sporting event.

Start to learn your commute to I-25. University, Colorado, and Monaco all have different traffic patterns at different times of day. Here is my short synopsis:
  • Colorado Blvd. is the fastest route but only on very low traffic times: between 8 PM and 5 AM. During the day it is very congested.
  • University flows fastest during morning rush hour, but slowly in evenings.
  • Monaco is the locals secret, best taken in the evenings when traffic backs up on northbound I-25 (exit Yale or Evans and drive east a few blocks to get to Monaco). As long as there aren't too many slow drivers, Monaco will flow northbound pretty nicely. You would have to cross back over Colorado on Alameda to get home, so this may add a few minutes to your evening commute.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,115 times
Quote:
After a short walk around cherry creek north I knew it was a good area for me. The amenities are awesome I just wish they had washer/dryer in the apts...
Agh. That and the price difference between un/remodeled units are the only things keeping me from considering that place, otherwise I love the area.

Congrats on your new home, and JD401 too!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
Agh. That and the price difference between un/remodeled units are the only things keeping me from considering that place, otherwise I love the area.

Congrats on your new home, and JD401 too!

Just out of curiosity, what is the delta?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the delta?
Price difference? I've seen easily a $300-400/mo variation between the two. 5k a year to have a stainless steel fridge but still have to use a public laundry?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
Price difference? I've seen easily a $300-400/mo variation between the two. 5k a year to have a stainless steel fridge but still have to use a public laundry?
Interesting thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver