Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:26 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times

Advertisements

Hi, friends.

I received a job offer from a company based in Golden CO and so I'm debating on whether or not to make the move from Seattle due to several work relates reasons.

My first question is...how bad is traffic?

Secondly, is the bad area of Lakewood the east or west portion? (Or north/south).

Do any of you (or have any of you) lived somewhere near Golden/West Lakewood/Arvada and have any apartments that you would recommend?

Finally, are Arvada and Westminster towns to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Additional info will help us help you

1. Where are your current Seattle job and home locations? Physical addresses or cross streets.
2. Where is your "Golden" work location? Address or cross streets.
3. In Colorado, postal addresses can be sometimes only vaguely related to physical addresses.
4. All 3 cities that you mentioned have good and bad portions. Good and bad being relative terms.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Also what is your budget? Golden is an awesome town. You will love all the sun here, but you will miss the water.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Also what is your budget? Golden is an awesome town. You will love all the sun here, but you will miss the water.
I'm living with my girlfriend (as I did in Seattle) and our budget is to stay under $1200 for a one bedroom. I'm actually not really a downer when it comes to Seattle's rain, I really like it as it makes every smell so fresh and clean every morning, but the downer part is my job was moved to an office 30 miles from where I currently live and my girlfriend's job in the area is 60 miles from where I would work. With only one car, a 30 mile commute for each of us probably isn't going to work.

I don't understand what the poster above meant about "physical addresses only sometimes match postal addresses". What?

But the intersection I would work at is Denver West Parkway and Denver W Boulevard.

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=3...sz=16&t=m&z=15

FWIW, I was born in Missouri and I have only lived in Seattle for 6 months, so this isn't a new part of the country for me.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM

Default Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
I don't understand what the poster above meant about "physical addresses only sometimes match postal addresses". What?
But the intersection I would work at is Denver West Parkway and Denver W Boulevard.
Your postal address here will be Golden.
However, it is not in the City of Golden, but is in unincorporated Jefferson County. Or maybe the City of Lakewood.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Your postal address here will be Golden.
However, it is not in the City of Golden, but is in unincorporated Jefferson County. Or maybe the City of Lakewood.
Got it. If I were to live in Southern Lakewood or perhaps West Arvarda, would the commute be god awful?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Default trvial commute

Quote:
Got it. If I were to live in Southern Lakewood or perhaps West Arvada, would the commute be god awful?
You could live almost anywhere in Lakewood, Arvada, Golden, parts in Jeffco and have an easy commute.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
You could live almost anywhere in Lakewood, Arvada, Golden, parts in Jeffco and have an easy commute.
Through public transportation or just with a car? I looked with Google maps on bus routes for South Lakewood, and most of the time it told me 1.0-1.5 hours. I don't really find that desirable. I know there are a couple of apartment complexes down the street from where I work, but that might seem kind of weird.

Is traffic on the western portion of I-70 pretty bad?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Default Car

Quote:
Through public transportation or just with a car?
Is traffic on the western portion of I-70 pretty bad?
Car
No

Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Quote:
I know there are a couple of apartment complexes down the street from where I work, but that might seem kind of weird.
You don't need a car if you can walk or bike to work. The area you named would be an excellent area to live. Just draw a circle in your walking or biking range and look at complexes in the circle. That way your girlfriend can use the car for where ever she gets a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver