Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:41 PM

86 posts, read 423,644 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Denver shortly, and living in Florida, we have our accounts with Bank of America. I have read that there are no branches in Denver, or Colorado. Someone else said there is a branch in littleton, and a ton of ATMs which supposedly take deposits...

I am hoping that there is some there, at the very least deposit taking atms, so I don't have to switch banks...

I mean, they are called Bank of AMERICA, and Colorado is in America, correct? lol

Shawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:43 PM

726 posts, read 2,149,874 times
I don't know of any banking branches, just some mortgage offices.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,440,370 times
Lol... we had some friends from NV that had the same issue. They ended up opening another local account and transferring funds.

I don't see the issue, but being a military family we've not had a local branch for 6+ years now (USAA). 99.99% of deposits are done through direct deposit (paychecks), and the rest are done via check scanning with the 'once in a blue moon' mailed in deposit... not sure if BoA has that available.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM

6,855 posts, read 9,395,707 times
My partner still banks with BoA for whatever reason. There are BoA ATMs around town but they do NOT accept deposits!

I opened an account at a local credit union and couldn't be happier. BoA, in my opinion, is crazy with all of the rules, like requiring you to have a minimum balance, etc.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:09 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,005,492 times
I moved from FL and had the same issue, I went with Chase which is like everywhere here. They also had some Chase branches in FL so I could transfer everything before I moved.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,331,863 times
Heheh... I just spent a week in New York and was astonished to find there were no Wells Fargo's out there, which is like every other bank in CO, CA and the west. Time to change banks.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,222,478 times
Once the credit card is paid off I'm dumping BofA forever. Never had more issues, more mysterious fees (popping up a few months BEFORE the notice would go out), more erroneous fees (how many phone calls have I made to correct them) or poorer customer service (I've closed my savings account FOUR TIMES, verified a balance of $0, and yet still interest will post, causing me to somehow not have the minimum balance and thus have a monthly fee), and failed grandfather clauses despite what representatives assured me of.

I've got a semi-local bank now and have seen no fees I didn't expect, and even had them call me to see if they could clear up an issue that occurred so that I'm not losing money. Go figure. A bank that cares about MY money instead of only caring about how much of MY money they can extort from me.

Forgive me if this rant was unnecessary, but I did not find one BofA in the Denver area and though I have found some ATMs, I don't recall if any of them actually accepted deposits, but a convenience store clerk informed me that his machine was rarely serviced.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:47 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,980,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Heheh... I just spent a week in New York and was astonished to find there were no Wells Fargo's out there, which is like every other bank in CO, CA and the west. Time to change banks.
You can't use Wachovias back there?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,980,374 times
BTW, the nearest Bank of America is in Raton, NM.

From what I understand, banks aren't allowed to operate branches in all 50 states. Oh well. I had to dump B/A when I moved here from CA. Life goes on.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 AM

86 posts, read 423,644 times
Yeah, I guess its time to look for a new bank...Although, as one suggested, its not a big deal if you have direct deposit, but I am not much for mailing in deposits...lol

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Shawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver