Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:06 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yuengling is only good to those on the East coast that drink a lot of that Euro trash Leffe and Stella stock.

In Denver, Yuengling would be on the level of a Rolling Rock.
^^^^^^...this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Yuengling? Wow, there was a time Yuengling was a pretty good beer. Had nice carmel overtones and a pretty pleasant taste. That was back in the day they were making the beer with spring water. These new owners wanted to increase capacity and changed over to municipal water years ago and the beer suffered greatly. It is truly a horrible beer and I don't understand why people actually drink it unless they like a really sour tasting beer that just has that same color of old. You are in Colorado and looking for Yuengling? WOW! Iron City is now better than Yuengling due to Iron City moving to Latrobe and having a much better water table. I think you should start drinking real beers that are local in Colorado. There are a TON of them and they are WAY better than that crap beer you are searching for. Take it from someone that lives in Pittsburgh and can get that beer at ever bar. It is just crappy beer with a camel color! I can't tell you how many people I have went up to and bought them an Iron City and they couldn't believe they liked it better than Yuengling. Might as well just drink Coors.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Yuengling? Wow, there was a time Yuengling was a pretty good beer. Had nice carmel overtones and a pretty pleasant taste. That was back in the day they were making the beer with spring water. These new owners wanted to increase capacity and changed over to municipal water years ago and the beer suffered greatly.
What new owners?

Dick Yuengling Jr. makes Forbes' billionaires list - mcall.com

"" The family-owned brewery has traditionally changed ownership through the purchase of the company by the offspring of the previous owner. "" source is this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuengling

Is this what you meant by "" new owners ""??????

It's still owned by the Yuengling family.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:46 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
I feel you , OP. I am furious that I can't get Great Lakes Brewing company beer here. I would kill a puppy for a Dortmunder Gold.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
I drink a few Yuenglings when I travel back east, but since they've treated their people so badly I'll never drink another one.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:15 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I drink a few Yuenglings when I travel back east, but since they've treated their people so badly I'll never drink another one.
THE DISPUTE: The Teamsters say the owner of D.G. Yuengling & Son threatened to close the brewery unless workers decertified the union. Yuengling says its employees got rid of the union on their own.

THE RULING: The National Labor Relations Board sided with the brewery, saying it found no evidence that Dick Yuengling Jr. pressured employees to leave the Teamsters.

http://unionreview.com/ap-article-te...tion-yuengling

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 PM

34 posts, read 138,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
THE DISPUTE: The Teamsters say the owner of D.G. Yuengling & Son threatened to close the brewery unless workers decertified the union. Yuengling says its employees got rid of the union on their own.

THE RULING: The National Labor Relations Board sided with the brewery, saying it found no evidence that Dick Yuengling Jr. pressured employees to leave the Teamsters.

AP article: Teamsters foaming over ejection at Yuengling | Union Review

Posted with TapaTalk
I remember it well. They were told decertify or the brewery will be moved to a new location. Then they had meetings. Then they voted. I could care less if they're union or not. The sad truth is, once they decertified the union the were rewarded with cuts in pay and benefits. They also had to start paying for an inferior insurance plan compared to what they had with no out of pocket expense. The only point I wanted to make to the OP is we live in Colorado now. Forget what you knew in Pa. That will be a treat for you when you go back for a visit. Embrace what Colorado has to offer and when it comes to good quality beer, there is no shortage. I just cracked open an IPA from New Belgium Brewing out of Ft. Collins and it's goooood.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:11 PM

90 posts, read 368,084 times
I am not a major fan of Colorado micros, not gonna lie. I have tried numerous Colorado beers and still default to the beers I prefer. I have done my best to adopt Colorado micros, but they overdo it with the flavors. Beer isn't supposed to complicated and Colorado is guilty of that.

Yuengling is a good beer, flat out. Don't believe the tripe you're reading in this thread, it's solid and it would improve Colorado's beer scene to have it on tap.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 PM

557 posts, read 810,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Drink Coors instead, difference is minimal IMHO.

Why don't you try out some of the great craft beers that Colorado has to offer?
Hardly.

But, agreed, any of the local craft brews is the way to go.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiepuss View Post
I remember it well. They were told decertify or the brewery will be moved to a new location. Then they had meetings. Then they voted. I could care less if they're union or not. The sad truth is, once they decertified the union the were rewarded with cuts in pay and benefits. They also had to start paying for an inferior insurance plan compared to what they had with no out of pocket expense. The only point I wanted to make to the OP is we live in Colorado now. Forget what you knew in Pa. That will be a treat for you when you go back for a visit. Embrace what Colorado has to offer and when it comes to good quality beer, there is no shortage. I just cracked open an IPA from New Belgium Brewing out of Ft. Collins and it's goooood.
I'd be interested in reading about all this. Got any links?

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver