Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM

18 posts, read 24,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
Also...the mexican food is fantastic in Colorado! Plenty of great hole-in-the-wall options throughout Aurora.
Thank goodness! It's just not the same when I make it myself. (Do you have breakfast tacos?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
I think that many spots within the CCSD will get you fence, yard, biking and walking trails, parks, and of course, great schools. However, much of CCSD will lack those funky, artistic neighborhoods that have hole in the wall restaurants and lots of things to do. Those neighborhoods are mostly in Denver proper. Denver neighborhoods that remind me of Portland are Baker, Highland, Berkeley, Five Points, Whittier, Congress Park, Wash Park, and Platt Park. However, DPS schools are not quite as good as CCSD.

Thanks! I'll peek at them as well, maybe we'll find something we like... but it looks like we'll be putting CCSD on the top of our list due to the schools alone.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,687,956 times
Yard tend to be small in Denver. I'm guessing due to the price of water (its expensive) and the related difficulties in keeping grass green. Even up in the middle of nowhere (Longmont), I was seeing houses right on top of each other that were surrounded by farmland.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 PM

That is weird to me. I think lawns are a pain in the butt. I just want a large enough back yard for the dogs to run around in.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Give it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX1978 View Post
Hey all
...Aurora is where his office would be located
....he is studying Latin
...ADHD/spectrum
...prefers new construction or newer construction.
...love "hole in the wall" food places, music, and art. I'd like a neighborhood that is walkable
Not in greater Denver.
hole in the wall food places are in the City & County of Denver
Aurora is way too vague. Need address or cross streets.
Latin - good luck
new construction typically means the boring burbs

Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM

I'm sorry I can't be more precise. I don't know where they are planning to put the new office. If I could give a specific address I would. I am sorry this inconveniences you to such a degree that you felt the need to post about it.

Obviously there are some things that are more important to me than others. Mainly, that I find a good place for my kids to be educated and a neighborhood that I can have a fence in to keep my dogs in the yard. If that neighborhood is in the boring burbs, I suppose I'll just have to continue living in them.

I thought I would put in all the things in my OP that we'd like in an ideal situation in case there were places that came closer to meeting all our wants AND needs. Again, I'm sorry that it's not up to your standards.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Cherry Creek HS still has a vibrant Latin program.

Western Centennial and Greenwood Village have older homes with larger yards and fences.

They are pleasant communities with access to light rail. They are not very walkable and you won't find any hole in the wall restaurants, but the schools are good, they have plenty of parks and other recreation opportunities and are accessible to Aurora.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 PM

ooooo light rail! I miss having that. It's here in Houston but isn't anywhere near my area. I'll check it out!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Plenty of "hole in the wall" places all over the metro area, including in Aurora. I've been in some there.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX1978 View Post
Thank goodness! It's just not the same when I make it myself. (Do you have breakfast tacos?)
A few places serve up breakfast tacos, but breakfast burritos are more of a big deal here. Most places will serve breakfast burritos with green chili.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver