Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 21,619 times

Advertisements

Hi-

I am pregnant and will be moving to Denver just after Christmas. I need to line up an appointment for right when I get there. At that point I will be 33 weeks and my last baby came a little early, so I'd really like to be able to get an appointment with a great doctor who delivers at a great facility sooner than later .

Any recommendations?
Any thoughts on delivering at the University of Colorado Hospital?
Any recommendations of doctors that deliver there?

PS-I will most likely be on some sort of Medicaid or maybe the CHP Plus, although I need to get that all lined up as soon as I get there too. I guess either that or out of pocket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 296,127 times
I recently had my baby at the University of Colorado hospital. I highly recommend the small midwife group there. There are 2 midwife groups. One is large and the other has 3 midwives.

University of Colorado Hospital (http://www.uch.edu/content/midwifery/content.asp?index=WomensHealth&title=Midwifery - broken link)

Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Not sure where you will be living but Rose Medical Center is great and Consultants in Ob/Gyn is a good group practice.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times
I am currently at the U of C Hospital and think it's great. I am due in February and like you, moved to the area when I was already pregnant. The hospital is new and from the research I have done, the nursing staff in the labor and delivery have some of the highest training/credentials available. Since this is my 2nd baby, the truth is that when it's time to deliver, you spend more time with the nursing staff than your doctor. Your doctor really only comes in for the grand finale. I am not sure what the group is called, but my doctors are Drs. Thompson, Tocce, Erickson, Arruda and Scott. I have met them all and have nothing but good things to say. I have also found that this kind of practice works better for me because with my first child, I had one doctor. If he was called away to deliver a baby during my appointment, I was often seen more than an hour later. With the group I see, they are assigned to deliver on certain days so when you go into labor, you will have a doctor already there and when you have an appointment, you will see a doctor who is not on call. The other thing I liked about U of C was that because I am over 35, I was given the option for genetic counseling and ultimately amniocentesis. Both were done with the utmost professionalism and the entire staff, from the doctor who performed the test, to the nurses who called me with the (thankfully good) results were very helpful and kind. Again, I have nothing but good things to say about the U of C OB/GYN dept. I think you will find the right kind of care, but it would probably help to call the labor and delivery nurse's desk and ask for yourself. The person I spoke with asked me all kinds of questions about what kind of labor experience I was looking for and what options were important to me and then gave me the names of doctors she liked to work with.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 11,367 times
Post help

im moving inn 2wks to denver in i was needing a new obygn in needed help on who i should be referred to asap

Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 AM

87 posts, read 346,342 times
Default OB recommendations in the Aurora area

We will be moving in to the Saddle Rock Ridge area of Aurora the end of May/first of June. I will be in my 5th month of pregnancy and am looking for an ob/gyn. I understand there are several hospitals around - but I am not familiar with any of them. What's your take on the best hospitals in the area, as well as doctors?

My current ob is looking for information for me so he can try to make a referral, but he said he doesn't personally know anyone that far away (we're in Arkansas now) that practices.

Any input would be great!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM

573 posts, read 2,505,698 times
Dr. Edward Kirshmann is a great OB/gyn. He has 2 offices...1 in the Parker hospital and one in Aurora. He actually delivered me and is my current doctor. He is really nice, funny, and makes you feel really comfortable.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
What about your insurance - which hospitals does your insurance accept?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM

87 posts, read 346,342 times
I have AETNA, which is accepted most places... I saw that it's accepted at Parker Adventist as well as Aurora Medical Centers. There are a gazillion doctors listed... They are a fairly large insurance provider, so I would think it wouldn't be an issue finding a doctor to accept them.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,760 times
any one know any doctors in aurora who accecpt medicade i think i may be preg and need to make an appointment asap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver