Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon View Post
Derek, where did you take that last picture? That looks absolutely gorgeous!!!
It looks an awful lot like the Maroon Bells, near Aspen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
It looks an awful lot like the Maroon Bells, near Aspen.
Cil guessed it! That photo was taken at the Maroon Bells this Fall. Our family loves hiking and playing in the Mtns. The Fall is my favorite time of the year out here. Here are a few more:

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p296990657-4.jpg (broken link)

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p749558958-4.jpg (broken link)

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p291543169-4.jpg (broken link)

The summer is really nice also:

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p457449033-4.jpg (broken link)

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p461928037-4.jpg (broken link)

If you don't mind some snow the winter can be magical:

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p410984440-4.jpg (broken link)

http://derek.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p102108320-4.jpg (broken link)

- Derek

Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 8,859 times
Default maroon bells...

wow, mtnsurfer - those are some of the best photos of the maroon bells i have ever seen! better than most calendars / coffee table books / etc. do you live near aspen?

Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM

88 posts, read 309,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
The beach???? why??? When we live on an Island, here in Denver, Colorado.

We in Denver are islanders, with the eastern shores, the rolling grasslands of the great plain. Denver butts agains the rising peaks of the vast craggy, rolling, mysterious mountains on the western shores.

We in Denver are on a remote island, the remotest large city in the continental United States. We must go thousands of miles from our shores to come to another city.

We in Denver are an island oasis in the middle of the harshness of the mountains and plains, we know the parchness of these oceans and how they can destroy the unprepared sailor, who knows not the ways of the dessert oceans of mountains and grass.

We in Denver sail into our oceans with our autocrafts, challenging the grand moutain swells and the swift currents of grasslands.

We in Denver hear that past the mountain and grassland oceans, are lands of incredible stress and unhappiness; we are happily marooned on our island.

We in Denver can take a walk on the beaches of our oceans and experience the magnitude of the grass expanse and the mightiness of the mountainous heights.

A Denver Islander

Livecontent
Jeez, lc, that almost made me weep. Beautiful.

mel

Old 12-11-2007, 02:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
after 2012 oct it wont be so far from the coast, the southsayers say the coasts will be gone. i dont know bout you but im takin swimm lessons and buyin fins.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbuffalos View Post
Jeez, lc, that almost made me weep. Beautiful.

mel
I am going to throw my net, over the grass sea
and catch Flyingbuffalos, that are coming to me

We are going, to a buffalo wing fry
with rocky mountain oysters, howdy do hi

Ya betcha partner

Livecontent
Arvada, Colorado

Last edited by livecontent; 12-11-2007 at 04:32 PM..

Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 PM

88 posts, read 309,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I am going to throw my net, over the grass sea
and catch Flyingbuffalos, that are coming to me

We are going, to a buffalo wing fry
with rocky mountain oysters, howdy do hi

Ya betcha partner

Livecontent
Arvada, Colorado
Mmm, maybe not the mountain oysters, LOL. We had those in Oklahoma, too. I can't even try cow tongue!

mel

Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM

271 posts, read 1,380,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
after 2012 oct it wont be so far from the coast, the southsayers say the coasts will be gone. i dont know bout you but im takin swimm lessons and buyin fins.
What happens in October 2012?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon View Post
What happens in October 2012?
Supposedly, the end of the world. See post #31.
According to Mayan & Egyptian prophecy, the earth awaits a super catastrophe in 2012: its magnetic fields will completely reverse in one agonizing shift. Devastating earthquakes and tidal waves will completely destroy civilization as Europe and North America are pulled north to polar latitudes. Almost all the earth's population will perish.
Between Amazon and other, perhaps less factual sites (Wikipedia's 2012 site is disabled), there are any number of ways to purchase books and survival plans to make it through 2012.
Getting back to the OP, I think a coastal person who is considering Colorado never really knows how much they may or may not miss the ocean until they, um, take the plunge.
But certainly you can take a look at your lifestyle.
If you rarely go to the beach where you are presently living, then you're probably okay. If you *do* enjoy the ocean, you might find yourself yearning for it the way I used to.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,695 times
i never have any urge to go to the beach living here. i think the simple fact there isn't an ocean here and there's no possibility of going to one, just kind of slowly erases the thought of it. I never think about the beach longingly. Durango is 6 hours from Denver in the summer and often longer in the winter. It is not a weekend destination anymore than say moab or omaha. All this being said you probably shouldn't move to Denver or Durango because we have enough transplants already. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver