U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 12,353 times

Advertisements

Moving from AL and looking to rent a home on Pecos just north of 39th. Is this a nice area? We drove around Highlands this past weekend but never made it on these streets. It seems like you probably wouldn't want to go much further east than Pecos. Is safety an issue here? The home is completely renovated and is very nice, it seems you can get a lot for your money in this area and it's "up and coming". Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 AM

16,462 posts, read 25,331,221 times
Default Rental is fine

Renting on Pecos is OK.
Pecos is busy and not a street that I would buy on because of the traffic and noise.
Living in Berkeley, my advice for all of the "Highlands Island" is: avoid the main streets. One or two blocks makes all the difference.

Surf to Crime Statistics and Maps | Denver Police Department and look at the map for Sunnyside.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the links to the crime maps. That helps a lot. Sooo, I will be staying at home with my 6mo. daughter - was hoping for a safe neighborhood where I could walk around with her and feel safe during the day...but still close to nearby shops and restaurants. Your personal opinion- would you move there? Is it too close to the busy streets?

Old 09-13-2013, 11:58 AM

323 posts, read 478,944 times
That location is fine. Pecos is a two-lane collector street that connects to an I70 onramp, so you will see heavier traffic than other streets in the neighborhood. 38th is pretty busy.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 PM

16,462 posts, read 25,331,221 times
Default It is OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv0719 View Post
I will be staying at home with my 6mo. daughter - was hoping for a safe neighborhood where I could walk around with her and feel safe during the day...but still close to nearby shops and restaurants. Your personal opinion- would you move there? Is it too close to the busy streets?
Walk around during the day? Absolutely. Come out your front door and move west.
Nearby to shops and restaurants? Yes.
Would I live there? No, because I can afford to live in a slightly better neighborhood and further from the busy streets. My answer has nothing to do with safety. I would even walk around late into the evening.

Take the deal. Welcome to Denver.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I figured...walk west!

We may buy eventually, but my husbands job here is guaranteed for 2 years so far. If it ends up longer than that we will buy. We could afford to live somewhere nicer, but we don't want to pay too much unless we know for sure we like the area. We are definitely excited about getting out of Alabama and moving to Denver, we love the outdoors and neither of us are from AL or like it here. So far we are a little torn with suburb living vs in Denver...definitely leaning towards living in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: