Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
. . .
Overall, it's been a pretty weaksauce winter for the Denver Metro area, as far as snow is concerned.
It's varied - January 2014 among wettest in Boulder, despite long sunny streak - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
yep, that was awesome. we were in Centennial looking up at the skies, snow and lightning. wow.

Overall, it's been a pretty weaksauce winter for the Denver Metro area, as far as snow is concerned.
I'm happy there's no snow on the ground! I'd like to see some rain though. I think the earliest I've seen a good rain in Denver is about mid March.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:34 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Last night was a quick little mess. Saw a flipped over van on Pena, also, southbound I-25 was closed at Arapahoe due to an accident last night, must have been a messy one, as it was completely backed up to I-225. All of my snow from last night (about 1.5 inches) has already melted.

Final note on the plume:
-I moved out of the location that housed it on Saturday. Ironically, as I was singing my swan song to that place, the HOA came by and dug up 90% of her, so now she's only a shadow of her former self. What's odd, is that this has been a milder winter, but the plume was the biggest she had ever been.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 AM

157 posts, read 296,652 times
Snow in March ???

Hey guys well I was going to open a thread for this question but then I saw this thread and thought it would be better if I posted on here instead
I wanted to know if it does snow in March on occasions? I'm hoping a good fair yes since I do loooove the snow and I live in San Antonio, Texas and am planning a week vacation to Denver to go around the city, experience everything it has to offer even the 420 lol! And especially getting to see and experience snow again after a long time. I mean I have seen snow just a little bit here in Central South Texas but it's not anything compared to what I want to see which is like a 2-3 inch day snowfall.
And knowing that the sun is at a higher angle the roads should be in good condition I assume around March.
I know some of you are hating me right now wanting to do voodoo on me because this Winter has been waaaay too cold even for Texas standards ... well for San Antonio standards since North Texas gets wintry most often.
I'm planning on going around Early-Mid March like between 10-15 of March somewhere around there.
Appreciate it

Old 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 03-01-2014, 05:18 PM

399 posts, read 817,009 times
1 killed, 30 hospitalized after snowy 104-vehicle pileup on I-25 - Boulder Daily Camera

;< Condolences to the family of the person who died in the Chevy Sonic in the first image.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:20 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Sorry to the family as well but if people drove responsibly in the snow then these things wouldn't happen period. I can't tell you how many people fly past me in the snow and for what??

Old 03-01-2014, 07:50 PM

331 posts, read 465,301 times
I know. People drive too fast. Usually they get away with it, but eventually Mother Nature wins. One witness said the road was really slick and too many cars were just going too fast and couldn't stop. It's hard to tell with 100% accuracy, but the lower right corner of the photo above shows what looks like a very icy road surface.

Such sad news. Tragic loss of life, awful number of personal injuries, and a huge toll of damage and disruption even to those who escaped without physical injury.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:02 PM

331 posts, read 465,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie.e View Post
Snow in March ???

Hey guys well I was going to open a thread for this question but then I saw this thread and thought it would be better if I posted on here instead
I wanted to know if it does snow in March on occasions? I'm hoping a good fair yes since I do loooove the snow and I live in San Antonio, Texas and am planning a week vacation to Denver to go around the city, experience everything it has to offer even the 420 lol! And especially getting to see and experience snow again after a long time. I mean I have seen snow just a little bit here in Central South Texas but it's not anything compared to what I want to see which is like a 2-3 inch day snowfall.

March is, statistically and historically, Denver's snowiest month. HOWEVER it doesn't snow every day or every week. If you really want to experience a snowfall here? You'll need to be flexible, watch the weather forecasts, and get here a day or two ahead of a significant snowfall. And of course, it could also not snow much at all in March, and then we could get a couple of 4 to 6 inch snowfalls in April. Or no more snow for the season.

And knowing that the sun is at a higher angle the roads should be in good condition I assume around March.

See above. Unless we're having a snowstorm, the temps tend to be mild. Daily highs average in the low 50's and lows about 28. Remember, the low humidity makes 50's feel a lot warmer, especially in the sun, than they feel in less arid climates.

As to road conditions, be sure to check CDOT's website for specifics on the conditions of the highways you'll be traveling to get to Denver. Colorado weather can vary from county to county. Always watch out for black ice when it's below freezing and there's been any precip recently. The state usually takes good care of the main highways but melting/freezing happens in spots, as I'm sure you know. It's called winter.

I know some of you are hating me right now wanting to do voodoo on me because this Winter has been waaaay too cold even for Texas standards ... well for San Antonio standards since North Texas gets wintry most often.
I'm planning on going around Early-Mid March like between 10-15 of March somewhere around there.

The forecast on weather.com for March 10 predicts highs of 64 degrees and sunny. Come on up and have fun. It's a nice place to visit!

Appreciate it
BTW I'll be in San Antonio about the time you're planning to come here. I need to get OUT of Denver for a vacation.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzatlarge View Post
I know. People drive too fast. Usually they get away with it, but eventually Mother Nature wins. One witness said the road was really slick and too many cars were just going too fast and couldn't stop. It's hard to tell with 100% accuracy, but the lower right corner of the photo above shows what looks like a very icy road surface.

Such sad news. Tragic loss of life, awful number of personal injuries, and a huge toll of damage and disruption even to those who escaped without physical injury.
I was out driving in the city at that time and I wouln't bee so quick to blame the drivers. Something really strange happened to the roads at that time. I think they were very wet, then the temperature dropped to the teens very suddenly and snow quickly covered the ice. I saw so many wrecks about this time, and you really couldn't tell just how icy the roads were under the snow. So it didn't surprise me that this happened. Then a couple hours later, it was mostly melted and roads were in decent shape. Very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver