Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:04 PM

50 posts, read 168,364 times

Advertisements

My husband was just offered a job in Denver and we are currently living in Dallas, TX. We are looking to move to the suburbs outside of Denver to raise a family that is clean and safe. Our price range is from 225K-275K. We are looking for great schools, low crime, and nice community/shopping. Any suggestions????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhc0607 View Post
My husband was just offered a job in Denver and we are currently living in Dallas, TX. We are looking to move to the suburbs outside of Denver to raise a family that is clean and safe. Our price range is from 225K-275K. We are looking for great schools, low crime, and nice community/shopping. Any suggestions????
Sounds like you're looking for Highlands Ranch. It's the most conservative suburban area in Denver (SW 'burbs), typical suburban culdesac layout, strip malls, parks, cookie cutter beige houses, SUVs, churches, good schools, etc. I'm not sure about housing prices there, but I'm pretty sure they're cheaper than in Denver proper, where that price would maybe get you a 2bdr. condo.

If your husband will be working in the Denver Tech center, it's not far from Highlands Ranch. If he's working downtown, the commute would be pretty bad. However, he could park and ride at a light rail station and take the train downtown.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 AM

11,815 posts, read 34,282,142 times
Where "in Denver" will hubby be commuting too?

Please be more specific when describing your community wants & needs - "safe" means different things to different people. "Great schools" also has different connotations.

I hear over and over again how "clean" Denver is, so I don't think that will be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver