Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:27 PM

13 posts, read 39,606 times

Advertisements

Google Fiber is another ISP, but its only in 3 cities right now. Hopefully Denver will eventually get one of the three...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 03:58 PM

23 posts, read 44,971 times
We'll never get AT&T unless they decide to buy out CenturyLink and seeing as how AT&T wants to get rid of their copper lines I wouldn't hold your breath. We have Fiber nearby but unfortunately even though we have a newer home (2010) the neighborhood infrastructure was installed before the housing crash in 2005 so we only have Copper in the ground behind the homes. CenturyLink seems to have no interest in updating that. Heck, even CenturyLink IPTV (sorta like AT&T Uverse) is not available in Denver and only in limited "testing" in Colorado Springs. Honestly, in Denver, ComCrap is your best of all the providers.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 PM

13 posts, read 39,606 times
Verizon just abandoned their copper after installing FiOS here in Tampa which started in 2007.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,995 times
Threads a bit old but hey ho!

Just moved to the new 'Development' in Stapleton. Myself and the Mrs were located downtown and we used to have Comcast as the apartment complex we lived in didn't allow for satellites.

Once we moved I jumped on the opportunity to switch to Direct TV and I haven't regretted it........well, asides from being lumped/stuck with CL! The speeds are GOD AWFUL. 17 down, 0.5 up?!?! Seriously? It's like going back to dial up coming from Comcast's 50Mbps. This is making Skype chats back home a nightmare!

Has anyone had any experience with Verizon FiOS? I would look at U-Verse but it's not available in our zip. It's either VZN or back to CC.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated

Cheers

Old 04-29-2014, 07:49 AM

17,669 posts, read 29,550,848 times
Default Why do you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polsy View Post
Has anyone had any experience with Verizon FiOS?
If we did, it would not matter.
FIOS is NOT available in greater Denver.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
If we did, it would not matter.
FIOS is NOT available in greater Denver.
Hmmm, I did a zip check via their website and it stated that it was covered.....

Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 PM

7,138 posts, read 10,967,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzatlarge View Post
But in most areas - including where I've lived in NW and SE Denver - they use the old cr*ppy telephone wiring from the 40's, 50's, etc. I do not know one person who's tried CL's so-called high speed internet (outside the new Stapleton development), and been satisfied with it.

Until CL invests in improving the older infrastructure in the Denver area, "high speed internet" from CL will be a joke.
Actually that old crappy telephone wiring in NW and SE Denver is from the the 1880s, and 1890s or from whenever the neighborhood was originally developed. Not the 1940s and 50s. But that doesn't mean that it hasn't been upgraded a lot of times since then. Some of it could be well over a hundred years old though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver