Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM

16 posts, read 14,370 times

Advertisements

Hello, I´ve been searching cities to live in the US and I guess Denver would be a nice place by what i´ve heard considering myself. Let us get to the facts about myself:
- 20yrs old, born in Brazil.
-Already lived for 4 years (6 to 10) in Pittsburgh.
-Planning to study International Relations, but not on the next years since I haven´t decided yet.
-Likes to meet different people and hear different thoughts (Open headed)
-Maybe meet a girl that I like
-I work on the Front Desk of a hotel, that is the only job experience that I have, but I can do anything
-I will be going on a tight budget, about U$3,5k.
-I like living with different people, sharing a house.
-I like bars, shows, nightlife in general and nature.

Ok, so in your opinion is Denver a good choice for me?

Here are some points that I have interest (I´ve searched about all, but just for you to know)
-Security, Jobs, People, Sports, Living Cost, have something interesting happening often, like shows, football, theater, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Truth is, Miami, Florida would seem the ideal location for you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:17 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,045,940 times
Denver doesn't sound like a match for your interests. It's a good city if your coming from Nebraska or Montana or married with kids and want a good safe environment to settle down to. It is also good for retirees because of all that is offered but it is definitely a 'city-lite', not really dynamic or with the social activities that a NYC type of person would love.

Given where you are from:
"The New York Times reported that "Florianopolis is the Party Destination of the Year in 2009." on January 11, 2009. Newsweek placed Florianópolis in the "Ten most dynamic cities of the world" list in 2006.["
I would think just about any of the big cities along the coasts + Chicago would be good. I figure when you say football you mean soccer here so you should research which places have teams.

I don't think a person who loves NYC would love Denver or vice versa except as a place to visit.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,686,285 times
Your interest in studying international relations makes Washington DC stand out.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Actually, I've run into a few Brazilians here. There are people from all over living here.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
Denver doesn't sound like a match for your interests. It's a good city if your coming from Nebraska or Montana or married with kids and want a good safe environment to settle down to. It is also good for retirees because of all that is offered but it is definitely a 'city-lite', not really dynamic or with the social activities that a NYC type of person would love.

Given where you are from:
"The New York Times reported that "Florianopolis is the Party Destination of the Year in 2009." on January 11, 2009. Newsweek placed Florianópolis in the "Ten most dynamic cities of the world" list in 2006.["
I would think just about any of the big cities along the coasts + Chicago would be good. I figure when you say football you mean soccer here so you should research which places have teams.

I don't think a person who loves NYC would love Denver or vice versa except as a place to visit.
Hum, thanks man! The thing about Chicago is that its not that safe, of course that is what I´ve heard. I love NYC, I´ve been there on vacations and I would definitely live there, but its so expensive! I think living on a shared house and getting a job on a hotel would be easier.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Oh, I forgot to say I like riding bikes around the city, not to work, just a hobbie. I like big parks just to walk around and feel the nature.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,306 times
I have to agree with Mike. Miami, FL, based on the information given, is the best fit. If you have specific weather you want, that could change the results. I wouldn't say Denver is a bad fit though, just not the closest fit to what you have described. Since you mentioned cost of living as a factor, I wouldn't include Washington, DC, since it will eat every dime you have and leave you broke very quickly.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:54 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
I personally know three Brazillians living in Denver and they all love it. All of them are in their 20s.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Hum, I don´t care much about the weather, only not something extreme. FL sounds nice, but I don´t think it fits me, maybe it has TO MANY BRAZILIANS haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: