Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
This home in my neighborhood. The new heavy rail station on the Gold Line is just down the road and across Sheridan at 60th--it will open in the fall of 2016. You can be at Auraria in minutes and all of downtown Denver is within easy reach and you will never have to drive or find a parking spot. You can go west on the new rail line and be in Olde Town Arvada where there are shops, restaurants, the library, more parks.

The advantage of this neighborhood is that you can walk to a King Soopers and have basic shop at 64th and Sheridan. There is a movie theater, a roller skating rink, a Walgreens, hardware, restaurants. Walmart is just up on Sheridan.

Sheridan has a major bus that runs on Sheridan that connect to other buses and there will be more feeder buses and a call-n-ride to the new station is being considered.

There are parks, trails, nature preserves, water resources, a reservoir, and clear creek and the trail alongside that I have biked to Golden and to the Platte and its trail. A new large major park is being built nearby on Tennyson.

There is the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, just west of Wadsworth.

It is a safe neighborhood.

It is very easy to get to downtown as you are just about 6 miles from Union Station. You can easily drive if you wish through side roads but it will take a long time because you will be tempted to stop at all the restaurants, or bike or walk as I have done a few times for exercise as I ate along the way.

You are very close to the desired neighborhoods of Berkeley, Highland, Regis in North Denver. Down on Sheridan is the biggest water body that is open for recreation in the City of Denver--Sloans Lake. You are near Rocky Mountain Lake, Berkeley Lake and the Parks in Denver.

North to Westminster is the old Westminster Mall property at 88th and Sheridan that will be redeveloped into new urban community.

This home will appreciate when the new rail line is opened.

Schools are Jefferson County--a good school system. There is also a charter school at 60th and Sheridan, across from the new rail station. Grade school is nearby.

There are many credit unions near this areas as this was the home of the credit union league which is now the charter school. There are many churches and a unique Japanese Methodist Church, next to the Charter School across from the new station.

You can easily get to the old area of Westminster where there are many Asian grocery stores. This area will be accessible by rail as a rail spur to this area is being built off the Gold Line as part of Northwest Rail Corridor--it will also open in 2016.

There is new Korean Grocery Story, H-Mart at 92nd and Sheridan.

The recreation district is Apex and has the largest recreational center in the area and another center is planned on Wadsworth near the Arvada Center. There is currently an outdoor pool nearby to this house.

Wow, I really do live in a nice area. I have been in my house for 28 years. Now, I am going to make some money as my house is very near this station and will appreciate.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 03-13-2014 at 12:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
This home in my neighborhood. The new heavy rail station on the Gold Line is just down the road and across Sheridan at 60th--it will open in the fall of 2016. You can be at Auraria in minutes. You can go west on the new rail line and be in Olde Town Arvada where there are shops, restaurants, the library, more parks.

The advantage of this neighborhood is that you have can walk to a King Soopers and have basic shop at 64th and Sheridan. There is a movie theater, a roller skating rink, a Walgreens, hardware, restaurants. Walmart is just up on Sheridan.

Sheridan has a major bus that runs on Sheridan that connect to other buses and there will be more feeder buses and a call-n-ride to the new station is being considered.

There are parks, trails, nature preserves and water resources and clear creek trail nearby and a new large major park is being built nearby on Tennyson. There is the Arvada Center just west of Wadworth. It is a safe neighborhood.

It is very easy to get to downtown as you are just about 6 miles from Union Station. You can easily drive if you wish through side roads but it will take a long time because you will be tempted to stop at all the restaurants, or bike or walk as I have done a few times for exercise as I ate along the way.

You are very close to the desired neighborhoods of Berkeley, Highland, Regis in North Denver. Down on Sheridan is the biggest water body that is open for recreation in the City of Denver--Sloans Lake. You are near Rocky Mountain Lake, Berkeley Lake and the Parks in Denver.

North to Westminster is the old Westminster Mall property at 88th and Sheridan that will be redeveloped into new urban community.

This home will appreciate when the new rail line is opened.

Schools are Jefferson County--a good school system. There is also a charter school at 60th and Sheridan, across from the new rail station.

Livecontent
Had no idea you were this close to me. I am now in this neighborhood too, and love it so far. Lamar Heights represent!

Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Had no idea you were this close to me. I am now in this neighborhood too, and love it so far. Lamar Heights represent!
I am very pleased as I have always welcomed your posts. I live in the Adams County part of Arvada, just across Sheridan. I will be able to walk to the new Rail Station about 1/3 mile to the platform--well, I hope I will. I have been working for years on public transit and now I meet regularly on a government committee for the finalization of the Gold Line.

My neighbors are Hispanic, Vietnamese, African American, Russian and me--the New Yorker. It is amazing area that I am pleased to be a part. I do not have to advocate diversity--I live it. It brings me back to some semblance of the city of my birth--NYC.

I wished I could speak Spanish. I did live on the edge of Spanish Harlem, for a short time, and it was much different and more, let us say difficult, than Harlem of today; but I enjoy the Puerto Rican Culture and they enjoyed me--we laughed and cried and yelled and screamed and talked and ate and drank together. I knew prostitutes and pimps...well, it was an experience...

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 03-13-2014 at 12:42 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I am very pleased as I have always welcomed your posts. I live in the Adams County part of Arvada, just across Sheridan. I will be able to walk to the new Rail Station about 1/3 mile to the platform--well, I hope I will. I have been working for years on public transit and now I meet regularly on a government committee for the finalization of the Gold Line.

My neighbors are Hispanic, Vietnamese, African American, Russian and me--the New Yorker. It is amazing area that I am pleased to be a part. I do not have to advocate diversity--I live it. It brings me back to some semblance of the city of my birth--NYC.

Livecontent
I am also looking forward to the forthcoming rail. It will be nice to have the option to go to downtown car-free, even while being so close. We will likely utilize it when we go to ballgames, or other assorted activities downtown. Our oldest kid will be 15 when it opens, and I know he's looking forward to it.

The neighbors and associated peoples over here have been great so far. Except for that Taco Bell....my wife always comes back with strange stories after going to that place.......

Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 PM

286 posts, read 351,686 times
H-mart may be the best Asian supermarket/chain in the state.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:05 PM

434 posts, read 1,118,353 times
I've written about this before, but my recommendation is to forget about the neighborhood search and your husband's commute and instead focus on finding the elementary schools that have an autism program in that school that will work with your child, and THEN look for ANY house in that school boundaries. Merely looking for a "good" district or autism friendly district may mean that your child could be bussed for 30-45 minutes from your home to that particular school.

I don't know anything about the southern suburbs, but Meridian Elementary School (in the city/county of Broomfield but in the Adams 12 school district) has an autism support program in the school. The kids appear to be high functioning, to my untrained eye.

Some people will tell you that you can live anywhere and go to any school because Colorado schools have open enrollment but that's ONLY if the school has room - so it's not a guarantee by any means.

Search the forum for "autism" I think another mom was looking for the same thing a few months ago.

Good Luck - happy to chat further if you'd like to PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver