Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:11 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,809,130 times

Advertisements

Being a guy: One thing that struck me weird about Denver (and being there this past weekend) is that there are a surprising amount of girls who are attractive and approachable - yet VERY flighty. Maybe that's because a lot of them are front the Midwest and IMHO, seems to be a theme.

The bright side: lots of chill ppl to have conversations with - which can expand you're network. Nobody holds preconceptions - especially when everyone at a bar is drunk and smoking pot and/or cigarettes

Looking at the hotter girls that were dating lackluster guys even at the airport - it gives a sign that the competiton is easy. That is unless Midwest chicks prefer overweight/bearded guys...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:06 PM

214 posts, read 260,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Being a guy: One thing that struck me weird about Denver (and being there this past weekend) is that there are a surprising amount of girls who are attractive and approachable - yet VERY flighty. Maybe that's because a lot of them are front the Midwest and IMHO, seems to be a theme.

The bright side: lots of chill ppl to have conversations with - which can expand you're network. Nobody holds preconceptions - especially when everyone at a bar is drunk and smoking pot and/or cigarettes

Looking at the hotter girls that were dating lackluster guys even at the airport - it gives a sign that the competiton is easy. That is unless Midwest chicks prefer overweight/bearded guys...?
Midwest women are only "flighty" when they are scared.

I typically see bearded dudes in Denver hanging out with other bearded dudes and sometimes non-bearded dudes.

The only hot women I see in Denver are either getting into or out of their boyfriends German made car on their way to/from an establishment I can't afford.

It is VERY easy to make friends in Denver.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
My biggest problem in Denver is finding a single woman to ask out.
Ditto lol. It wasn't that I kept getting rejected, or they didn't like me, or that they were all fat, or they weren't my type, it's just that they weren't available, at least without a ring on their finger and a guy by their side.

I'll probably be back up there in a month or so, I'll see if it's better, but it felt like chance encounters were stacked against 20's single straight males.

And there's my tinder experiment, when frustrated that I couldn't get any female matches (like 1 every 100 and they flaked or were ugly cause I only swiped right), I switched it to males and got 50 out of 100 right swipes as matches...

So it can feel like Menver sometimes.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:57 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Ditto lol. It wasn't that I kept getting rejected, or they didn't like me, or that they were all fat, or they weren't my type, it's just that they weren't available, at least without a ring on their finger and a guy by their side.

I'll probably be back up there in a month or so, I'll see if it's better, but it felt like chance encounters were stacked against 20's single straight males.

And there's my tinder experiment, when frustrated that I couldn't get any female matches (like 1 every 100 and they flaked or were ugly cause I only swiped right), I switched it to males and got 50 out of 100 right swipes as matches...

So it can feel like Menver sometimes.
I don't use Tinder, but from the sounds, its like a bro fest on that website. People just looking for friends and women with FWB.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:38 PM

930 posts, read 700,487 times
Go to Meetup groups, specifically events catered towards singles. That's where I met my GF.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:54 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
Go to Meetup groups, specifically events catered towards singles. That's where I met my GF.
Meh...

Old 02-11-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Meh...
Or don't do anything. That should work well, too.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:42 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
I probably will use that, but when I checked when I used it last, it was still like 15 guys per girl when you could see the who's going thing. It's nice to get connections and all, but they STILL are heavily male dominated. It's probably better than nothing though.

Last edited by Phil P; 02-11-2016 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-11-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I probably will use that, but when I checked when I used it last, it was still like 15 guys per girl when you could see the who's going thing. It's nice to get connections and all, but they STILL are heavily male dominated. It's probably better than nothing though.
I agree that some of the groups/events can be daunting due to the male:female ratio. But truth be told, IME it's rather easy to stick out. Many of the guys who show up are just socially awkward as can be. Go in with a positive, confident attitude, and I think you'll have a relatively easy time.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
I agree that some of the groups/events can be daunting due to the male:female ratio. But truth be told, IME it's rather easy to stick out. Many of the guys who show up are just socially awkward as can be. Go in with a positive, confident attitude, and I think you'll have a relatively easy time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Meh...
Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver