U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 PM

5,090 posts, read 14,168,375 times

Advertisements

It is amazing. I have been around this area for many years and I am stunned. When I was younger, I would bike up Clear Creek and meet the Platte. Some of the area was industrial or just green fields and I suspect some brown fields from earlier industrial days.

In meetings that I have attended, Adams County officials are filled with optimism over the development of the area. I think Adams County is really moving to a big powerhouse in this region. It is positively affected by the airport. It has the largest health science complex in the west. It is home to Commerce City and all that industry. The part of Aurora in Adams County is industrialized and has regional warehouses. Brighton area is growing as a huge distribution center and ancillary industries to the airport. It has more water supplies than other counties. It still has extensive farming. Just recently, RTD broke ground for the North Heavy Rail Line.

I have recently taken drives toward the North area and the housing development and shopping development is amazing. There is extensive open space, parks and trails.

Some people considered Adams County the blue collar county around Denver and not as good and exquisite as Jefferson, Boulder, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties and not considered as desirable to live. Of course, that myopic opinion came from those white collar residents of these counties. If they looked over their shoulders more, they would have seen Adams county coming up fast and furious and now they will choke on the dust from behind.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 04-18-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Status: "Looking forward to President Harris" (set 28 days ago)

15,651 posts, read 23,546,578 times
Default Not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I worry what effect that this will have on all those useful old Catholic institutions in the area like the St. Vincent Home or Holy Family.
Search Results arrupe : North Denver Tribune

"Arrupe Jesuit High School’s corporate work study and college preparation program has been so successful since this northwest Denver school opened a decade ago that now classrooms are overcrowded. The result: a launch of an $11 million dollar expansion program to enlarge and add a third floor to the modest two-story high school building that formerly housed Holy Family High School at 4343 Utica."

there is more

Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 AM

10,785 posts, read 8,667,014 times
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I would say that this neighborhood is mostly safe. Crime is mostly centered around 39th and Vrain St. I would put a pin on a map there and try to avoid this area. I've heard midway down the block to the north is particularly bad. Every thing else in Berkeley is great except for the schools.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 AM

5,090 posts, read 14,168,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I would say that this neighborhood is mostly safe. Crime is mostly centered around 39th and Vrain St. I would put a pin on a map there and try to avoid this area. I've heard midway down the block to the north is particularly bad. Every thing else in Berkeley is great except for the schools.
Very Funny. The house of the Barnes is a crime infested spot indeed!

Livecontent

Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM

1 posts
It's probably, close to one of the safest neighborhoods, I've been to. Nice people, and surroundings, across from University.

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

371 posts, read 539,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce4 View Post
It's probably, close to one of the safest neighborhoods, I've been to. Nice people, and surroundings, across from University.
As the OP was looking at this area in 2014, I hope they've made a decision by now!

With that said, at least you brought back a zombie thread that included livecontent. I miss reading his thoughts, thanks for the memory jog.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Status: "Looking forward to President Harris" (set 28 days ago)

15,651 posts, read 23,546,578 times
Yes, sadly, Eugene appears to have gone to the great beyond.
And, the OP has not posted for 6+ years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver