Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandirayeCO View Post
Am I missing something or is inventory really this low?!
Housing Inventory for Denver Colorado (Department of Numbers)

No other city in the USA has an inventory history that looks like this.

You need a really good buyer's agent. Someone who smell the divorces before they happen. Someone who knows when the gurney has taken the owner away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Since you are renting you will likely have a very tough time doing it remotely. Things are very competitive and you need to be on the spot to see and put in an application right away. The real estate agents don't handle rentals here so there is no point in talking to them if your renting.

If you change your mind and decide to buy then things are also very competitive in that area with multiple offers, over asking price, going in on the first day of listing.

You may have to accept an apartment rental initially while either looking for a rental house or a house to buy.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,281 times
Im kind of in this same boat...relocating to colorado from the deep south. Husband new job at UCDs anshutz medical campus...need good schools. I like parker a lot. How long of a commute to husband hospital from Heirloom in Parker?? What elementary schools are deemed desirable. Those school grading thingys are garbage imo. Gold Rush? PIne Grove? I saw both last week. Nice facilities... what about apts? If I opt to build could be like 6mos or so...I can find only minimal apartments in parker. Prob a good thing. Lots of building going on. That resovior thing next to heirloom makes me nervous. Is it that big a deal? 1 kid-6yrs. House =up to 399k. Dont want to spend a fortune on a rental for 6 months. Help. Ive been reduced to forums because I have no clue how to move cross country.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,281 times
Pretty sure I need a life coach for this move. Hell maybe just a real estate agent. Send recs.

Also what are catholic schools like in parker? Below average of public? Above?

Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleymimi View Post
Im kind of in this same boat...relocating to colorado from the deep south. Husband new job at UCDs anshutz medical campus...need good schools. I like parker a lot. How long of a commute to husband hospital from Heirloom in Parker?? What elementary schools are deemed desirable. Those school grading thingys are garbage imo. Gold Rush? PIne Grove? I saw both last week. Nice facilities... what about apts? If I opt to build could be like 6mos or so...I can find only minimal apartments in parker. Prob a good thing. Lots of building going on. That resovior thing next to heirloom makes me nervous. Is it that big a deal? 1 kid-6yrs. House =up to 399k. Dont want to spend a fortune on a rental for 6 months. Help. Ive been reduced to forums because I have no clue how to move cross country.
I am not a fan of Douglas County School District and the direction in which that organization is going. Here is a letter from a DCSD teacher detailing the history of the past 6 years in DCSD.

Parker to Anschutz would be not be a commute that I would like to do on a daily basis. It is about 20-23 miles one way on some very congested roads. With no traffic, it would take about 30-35 minutes, in rush hour traffic it could take 40-50 minutes, and in the snow it could take 90+ minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleymimi View Post
Pretty sure I need a life coach for this move. Hell maybe just a real estate agent. Send recs.

Also what are catholic schools like in parker? Below average of public? Above?
The Catholic school is interesting. There is one K-8 Catholic school in Parker, Ave Maria, which is a typical Catholic school -- focus on fundamentals, good academic reputation, etc. Douglas County is part of the Diocese of Colorado Springs, not part of the Archdiocese of Denver. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing, I just thought I would throw that out there.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:28 AM

286 posts, read 351,686 times
the inventory is VERY low all over Denver and the surrounding area.

See the graph from DaveBarnes above.

There's an entire thread dedicated to real estate news - lots of good graphs and information there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...e-news-35.html

Old 05-04-2014, 06:41 PM

39 posts, read 47,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I am not a fan of Douglas County School District and the direction in which that organization is going. Here is a letter from a DCSD teacher detailing the history of the past 6 years in DCSD.
That letter would have made a much greater impact had it displayed even a basic grasp of proper grammar. It's fairly terrifying that its author is teaching kids -- in any district.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
The writing is distracting but obviously heartfelt. I hope JeffCo heeds her warning.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:32 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergs View Post
That letter would have made a much greater impact had it displayed even a basic grasp of proper grammar. It's fairly terrifying that its author is teaching kids -- in any district.
That's funny. The top comment addresses this very subject, and the commenter said that some people will draw attention to the mistakes in spelling and grammar as a way to nullify the message. Classic ad hominem argument made here.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:30 AM

182 posts, read 328,175 times
SE Aurora would probably fit your bill and Parker would as well other than a large lot. I wouldn't bother looking in Castle Rock or Roxborough, the commute would be a PITA. Parker has more of a rural feel to it (especially areas surrounding Parker Road like The Pinery and up towards Foxfield) compared to other suburbs.

I would think you'll see more properties become available going into June, July and August. As for the dog, we rented our home out to someone in Parker and we took several hundred dollars as a non-refundable pet fee and 1 1/2 months of deposit. Even if you see no pets listed but you see everything else is what you are looking for, ask anyways. For the right renter homeowners might make an exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver