Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Maybe he moved from Parker to Parker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
What made you decide to move from Parker?
Yep, lol. We are moving about 1,300 feet (as the crow flies) from the house we sold.

Our house is still under construction, but standing in the upstairs window, you can actually see our old house lol

We're right on the Southwest side of Lincoln & Chambers for anybody who knows the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 06:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep, lol. We are moving about 1,300 feet (as the crow flies) from the house we sold.

Our house is still under construction, but standing in the upstairs window, you can actually see our old house lol

We're right on the Southwest side of Lincoln & Chambers for anybody who knows the area.
I know exactly where you are at. I work just down the road from there. Lots of new homes popping up there.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:46 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,076,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Sierra Ridge? Good choice.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Sierra Ridge? Good choice.

Yep. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Default Worth Reading

Density makes Denver a better place

Density makes Denver a better place, guest columnist says

"Don’t tell me about the quiet good old days before the advent of all these annoying people and the traffic they bring with them. I’ll take pedestrians on the sidewalks, bikes in the street, hard to find parking and traffic congestion any day over empty streets and boarded up shop fronts."

there is more

Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

"Don’t tell me about the quiet good old days before the advent of all these annoying people and the traffic they bring with them. I’ll take pedestrians on the sidewalks, bikes in the street, hard to find parking and traffic congestion any day over empty streets and boarded up shop fronts."

there is more
Great article! I love the density in Denver, and the continued development of a more urban environment.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:00 AM

3,126 posts, read 5,050,140 times
I agree! I took a Denver History Tours tour yesterday and was so impressed with all the foot traffic, restaurants, new buildings etc. This was my second one and I love hearing about the historic buildings and the early pioneers in Denver.
Denver History Tours | Join us for a fascinating journey through Denver's past

If your new to Denver and want to enrich your downtown experience, or just see it with a knowledgeable person because you live in the suburbs these tours can't be beat.

I saw some areas that I hadn't seen since they were old abandoned buildings with boarded up windows and the only people you used to see were street bums. Now all the old areas look very cosmopolitan and the restaurant selection is outstanding. They also pointed out hidden buildings that had museums or historical displays that I can stop in at on my own time.

Here is a video tour of Capitol Hill given by the guy who I took my tours from. I included it because Capitol Hill is a target destination of many people looking to move to Denver. It also gives some basic Denver history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iaA...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by mic111; 04-24-2015 at 09:18 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 09:46 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,364 times
Quote:

there is more
Meth is a helluva of a drug.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:27 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
Meth is a helluva of a drug.
I'm not getting the connection

Old 04-24-2015, 11:54 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,674 times
Quote:
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Great article! I love the density in Denver, and the continued development of a more urban environment.
In Westword there's an article with a different view: What's Developing in Denver Isn't Pretty
Quote:
. . .During my three-plus decades in Denver, I've spent time in many neighborhoods across the city — and I don't think there is a single area not being affected by the current wave of overdevelopment. I've lived in Barnum for a half a decade, a place I recently saw advertised on a real estate website as "up-and-coming" for those who may have "missed out on hot neighborhoods like the Highlands and Sunnyside." Barnum hasn't been bombarded with what I call the Neo-Classical Chipotle/Tuscan Macaroni Grill Villa/McDonald's-Meets-Cruise Ship architecture — yet. But it has to be on its way, because Denver is hot right now and hot actually just means loads of crappy, slapped-up super-homes, pieces of work emotionally disconnected from the world around them. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver