Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 05:27 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
Because if one could figure out the answer to that question, time their investments, etc. one could make a lot of money - perhaps even one million dollars!
Would you mind elaborating on that? Suppose you had the information, how would you make a million dollars from it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 06:41 PM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Would you mind elaborating on that? Suppose you had the information, how would you make a million dollars from it?

We'll if I knew definitively that the housing market would continue to grow at, say, 8 percent for two more years, I would take out lot of loans at 4 percent, and make the different in profit. If I had significant enough property I could in theory make a million dollars. Knowing when to sell has tona of advantages

Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
We'll if I knew definitively that the housing market would continue to grow at, say, 8 percent for two more years, I would take out lot of loans at 4 percent, and make the different in profit. If I had significant enough property I could in theory make a million dollars. Knowing when to sell has tona of advantages
How much money would you need to have in advance then to make a million dollars in 2 years?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:00 AM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
How much money would you need to have in advance then to make a million dollars in 2 years?

If I did my. Math right, it would take about six million dollars. But that was total back of the napkin stuff.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:43 PM

6 posts, read 6,362 times
Default paying cash for house

If you pay cash rather than getting a loan you are losing big time. First of all the tax deductions. Then there are formulas that show how much more you make on your initial down payment as the years go by. The less of a down payment you make the greater your IRR. Just saying.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:47 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketowrite View Post
If you pay cash rather than getting a loan you are losing big time. First of all the tax deductions. Then there are formulas that show how much more you make on your initial down payment as the years go by. The less of a down payment you make the greater your IRR.
Tax deductions are only meaningful if you itemize.
Formulae and not formulas. It is a Latin word.
Your personal residence is not an investment.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:24 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,911,761 times
I need the cliffs notes on the CO real estate trends. (not a colorado resident here)
If the increases are atttributed to pot legalization, are they expected to level off at a certain point?
How do you know people are moving there for pot vs other reasons?

I ask because I live in oregon, and our real estate is also going up quite a bit, and yes, we did legalize pot but I don't think that is the driving force out here.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:49 PM

459 posts, read 807,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
If the increases are atttributed to pot legalization, are they expected to level off at a certain point?
The Denver real estate price increases -outside of industrial growhouse space- are only attributed to pot legalization by lazy journalists trying to generate click bait so they might have a job that lasts more than a few months.

The prices will level off when supply catches demand. People started moving here at an accelerated rate well before we legalized Marijuana, and shortly after the real estate bubble burst so financing for housing lagged so supply wasn't able to keep up initially.

Last edited by robertgoodman; 12-20-2015 at 12:01 AM..

Old 12-20-2015, 01:46 PM

214 posts, read 260,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
I need the cliffs notes on the CO real estate trends. (not a colorado resident here)

I ask because I live in oregon, and our real estate is also going up quite a bit, and yes, we did legalize pot but I don't think that is the driving force out here.
If the economy slips into a recession, oil prices stay very low, and interest rates go up housing prices should stabilize in the Denver metro. People are less likely to change jobs (and relocate to Denver) during a recession.

I don't think many people moved here for weed, you can get weed anywhere. In fact the weed in medical only states is probably better than the pesticide filled garbage that is now being sold in Denver.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 PM

402 posts, read 369,075 times
Ahh the next level of the legal pot boom: organic non-GMO weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver