Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times

Advertisements

DP had a similar article here. Notice the first few paragraphs. No mention of weed causing the shortage - JOBS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 10:51 AM

760 posts, read 883,391 times
67,000 new homes as in total units, or just new homes? Or is this just the number for home appreciation to level off?

The rent finally leveled off this year, so there must be enough total units going live.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
They are busy building a few hundred right across the street from me!

And man, are they working hard. They don't start actual work until 7 am but they start bringing in trucks and people long before that, so they are ready to start at 7 am on the dot. And working routinely working away on Saturdays as well.

They are still working on infrastructure at this point, so I'm not sure how far they will get on actual individual houses before weather starts to be a problem, but it's interesting to watch.
They are starting to build near Chatfield Reservoir.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
DP had a similar article here. Notice the first few paragraphs. No mention of weed causing the shortage - JOBS.
EXACTLY! Sorry for yelling. I am waiting for someone to come on here to argue you that.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 AM

760 posts, read 883,391 times
Right, but the reason why there are so many jobs coming here is because companies know Denver is desirable and there are educated young people flocking here...one of the reasons why Denver is desirable is because of legalization.

It's not all or nothing. The economy isn't booming just because of the weed, and it's not like weed has ZERO impact on the economy.

The other reason why the economy is good is because of record breaking tourism numbers...which IS a result of legalization.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
Right, but the reason why there are so many jobs coming here is because companies know Denver is desirable and there are educated young people flocking here...one of the reasons why Denver is desirable is because of legalization.

It's not all or nothing. The economy isn't booming just because of the weed, and it's not like weed has ZERO impact on the economy.

The other reason why the economy is good is because of record breaking tourism numbers...which IS a result of legalization.
I agree to some extent. I would say tourism numbers are high is a partial result of legalization. It is just one variable in the equation that attracts people to visit and move here.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:08 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
EXACTLY! Sorry for yelling. I am waiting for someone to come on here to argue you that.
Probably because they are too baked to come and argue.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Even if it's not "the weed", why does it seem like people are ashamed of this? Is it the negative connotation linked to weed usage?

If it was argued that the large population increases was because of "the beer", would there be as much push back?

I'd just like to understand better why some people seem ashamed or defensive whenever anyone brings up "the weed".

Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Even if it's not "the weed", why does it seem like people are ashamed of this? Is it the negative connotation linked to weed usage?

If it was argued that the large population increases was because of "the beer", would there be as much push back?

I'd just like to understand better why some people seem ashamed or defensive whenever anyone brings up "the weed".
I am not ashamed of it. It is not like we can hide from it when we travel out of state. The moment someone knows I am from Colorado the weed question comes up. I think some of the natives may be ashamed of it because it is not the state they grew up with.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:28 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not ashamed of it. It is not like we can hide from it when we travel out of state. The moment someone knows I am from Colorado the weed question comes up. I think some of the natives may be ashamed of it because it is not the state they grew up with.
It'd be interesting to hear from some of them.

I mean, Denver residents typically pride themselves on the beer culture without hesitancy. GABF is one of the premier beer consumption events in the nation. Colorado is 3rd in the nation in terms of breweries per capita (Source:https://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics/by-state/). We clearly love the intoxication of beer.

But when you bring up weed, well, whoa there...it's time to distance ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver