Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 11:44 AM

571 posts, read 318,672 times

Advertisements

And just because I'm highlighting these points does not mean I hate living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
As for other cities being on lists, who cares? Most of those cities suck when compared to Denver
I don't know where "Eastern Colorado" is for you, but as someone who actually owns property in Denver, CO, I think my opinion is valid.

This is all about perspective for most people. "As for other cities on lists, who cares". Well, obviously people who move to those cities care.

"Most of those cities suck when compared to Denver". Yeah, sure, that's your opinion. People enjoy different regions, climates, amenities for a variety of reasons. There's a thread on the Weather forum that I came across a few day ago and a poster was lamenting the dry climate of Colorado and said he or she could never live here. Some people want to live on a tropical island. Some people want to live surrounded by lakes. Some people want to live in a remote woodsy area.

Why do I like living here? Mostly it's because it's where I've lived almost half my life. Anywhere else I go, I'll be starting over. It has the amenities of most big cities and the low amounts of precipitation are nice for me. But what I like is not necessarily what everyone else likes and I have the presence of mind to understand that.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:37 PM

17,665 posts, read 29,540,339 times
Rochester, NY ? Have you spent a Winter in Rochester? I have.
El Paso, TX ? Have you spent a Summer in El Paso?
Midland, TX ? Have you ever spent more than one hour in Midland? I have.

These lists are stupid. Even if there is some numerical metric that is involved.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:52 PM

177 posts, read 173,823 times
Prices are flattening.... this is nice for me...

I've been really feeling athmar park lately.... it's so close to the city. if only there was better public transit there... maybe sometime in the future?

Old 12-04-2019, 02:14 PM

213 posts, read 163,357 times
Statistically speaking when inventory reaches 12,000 + 2 years, you will see prices going down

Last edited by Di3s3l_Pow3r; 12-04-2019 at 02:36 PM..

Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb29 View Post

I've been really feeling athmar park lately.... it's so close to the city. if only there was better public transit there... maybe sometime in the future?
There is a light rail station at federal and 14th or at Evans and Sante Fe, or Broadway and 1-25.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb29 View Post

It's a great area, if not a little rough around the edges. But it has a lot of upward potential, in my opinion, with some other thriving neighborhoods around it like West Colfax, Sloan's Lake, Washington Park, and Platt Park. We checked out some homes there, and it was at the top of our list early on before we settled on Englewood. My only personal knock on the area is a lack of interesting commercial zones that I would even want to go spend time in.

I heard that Federal Boulevard is supposed to be undergoing some major transitioning in the future to make it more pedestrian friendly. Perhaps that will be what neighborhoods like Athmar Park and Barnum need to really light up.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2019, 01:15 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,920,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
There is a light rail station at federal and 14th or at Evans and Sante Fe, or Broadway and 1-25.
and RTD won't be adding any new rail lines because they're out of money.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM

22,168 posts, read 29,135,431 times
Currently looking to buy and I cannot believe the unprofessionalism of some of these realtors!!!! I can't even get a dam phone call/email back on their listings. One responded after the second email with: what do you want to know?
Exact and only words. I've got to go take my tests and smoke these idiots out of business

Old 12-09-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Currently looking to buy and I cannot believe the unprofessionalism of some of these realtors!!!! I can't even get a dam phone call/email back on their listings. One responded after the second email with: what do you want to know?
Exact and only words. I've got to go take my tests and smoke these idiots out of business
Blame it on the low barrier to entry and fast/easy money that has attracted the glut of non-talent. Same with home inspectors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver