Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,235 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am visiting Denver in august for my birthday with my boyfriend. We are thinking about a possible relocation to Denver or a city around Denver. I was wondering what areas I should visit while I am there. What can I do to get the "FULL" experience? I am currently working as a RN and my boyfriend is in the army.

As far as relocation what cities would be great to move to?

If anyone could help that would be great thanks!!!!!

Last edited by Kanisha W RN; 05-05-2014 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: I accidentlly pressed the post button too soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Bars
Rockies game
16th St Mall
Art Museum
Civic Center Park
State Capitol *
Denver Mint *
Denver Zoo *
Red Rocks *
Aquarium (don't eat there)
Elitch Gardens
the mountains
RMNP
Black Hawk

Any of the cities are fine. We don't know where you're working and what your budget is, so it's hard to recommend somewhere without that information.

My wife and I came out here on our recon-trip in December 2006. We did a lot of boring stuff in addition to the things I starred above. At the time, we lived in a small-town in CA, so simple things like visiting K-Mart and Wal-Mart supercenters were enough to excite us. We also ate at a lot of chain restaurants that we didn't have back home (like Burger King), and also visited Colorado Springs. I also think we stayed in a different hotel every night.

We had such a good time, we came back in June 2007, this time with a moving truck. We landed in Aurora (which is as good a spot as any for newcomers), had no jobs, and made a go of it.

And here we are.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:43 PM

22 posts, read 26,448 times
Casa Bonita

Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver dude View Post
Casa Bonita
I guess everybody has to do it once.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM

14 posts, read 19,215 times
At least one brew pub, unless you don't drink beer at all.

Take a bike ride on the trails.

Emphatically agree on Red Rocks.

Drive up to the top of Mt. Evans if you have time, maybe Lookout Mtn. (I know they're not in Denver.)

Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver dude View Post
Casa Bonita
It is a requirement for citizenship.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 PM

356 posts, read 624,145 times
Arrive at trail head at 10am to hike one of our many 14ers wearing only shorts and Tevas, packing your favorite canned summit brew.

Seriously- the Union Station project should be almost complete and as a local even I'm stoked to check it out. Will have a nice hotel as well to stay at and you can't beat the local. Check out a Rox game and Stranahans from there.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanisha W RN View Post
Hello,

I am visiting Denver in august for my birthday with my boyfriend. We are thinking about a possible relocation to Denver or a city around Denver. I was wondering what areas I should visit while I am there. What can I do to get the "FULL" experience? I am currently working as a RN and my boyfriend is in the army.

As far as relocation what cities would be great to move to?

If anyone could help that would be great thanks!!!!!
If just the two of you, anywhere would work. The big hospitals are in Denver (several), Aurora (2, I think), and Lakewood (1). There are others scattered around. Where would the BF be working?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If just the two of you, anywhere would work. The big hospitals are in Denver (several), Aurora (2, I think), and Lakewood (1). There are others scattered around. Where would the BF be working?
Also Sky Ridge in Lone Tree.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Also Sky Ridge in Lone Tree.
As I said, there are others scattered around. The community hospitals are smaller, and have lower acuity of patients, which may be seen as either good or bad. Young nurses tend to like high-acuity places. Sky Ridge has 185 beds.

Denver Health, just one hospital in Denver, has 397 beds, St. Joseph's, 371, University of Colorado, 467 (Aurora).

You can look them all up here.
Exempla St. Joseph Hospital in Denver, CO - US News Best Hospitals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver