Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,052,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmomof2 View Post
Thanks for your input! I am loving the TollBrothers homes available at the Preserve at McKay Shores. I think that it is probably barely in Broomfield. It's North of North Westminster. Thoughts on the area? We will definitely check out Louisville when we are up there since it so close.
I walk by the Toll Brothers development daily. Here is a post where I included some pictures of McKay Lake that the development backs to and the walking paths in the area.
//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...l#post29850342

In the last picture the homes you see under construction are in The Preserve. They back to the walking path.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. Everything is super convenient and within walking distance.

Just a side note, you might want to talk with Toll Brothers to see if you can get into a home for under $700K. Last I spoke with them they said once people put in the extras, lot premium and landscaping they were generally spending around $750K. There was one resale that went for $700K so that is a possibility. Also there is another Toll Brothers development across the street that is very nice and has lower priced homes. It is called the Enclave at McKay Shores.

Here is a pic. On the left is a home in The Enclave. Across the street (on the right) you can see homes in The Preserve.

Last edited by mic111; 05-29-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 AM

264 posts, read 702,009 times
To the OP, good luck with your move. We moved to Denver from Texas a few years back, but due to the job had to move back to Dallas. You'll love the weather during the summer. Folks would complain about the thermostat hitting 100 but it wasn't the sticky, broiler oven 100 we have here.

With that being said, it's possible that the job could take me back to Denver within a year or so. If the situation was right, I would move back in a heartbeat.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Oops, I had marked I76 instead of I70. Choosing the correct intersection, Google says 23 minutes. Maybe a little optimistic, but I know when traveling from downtown Denver to Louisville on US36, it was consistently 20 minutes from Federal Blvd to our house.

hikernut
So probably another 10 min to I-70, by the time you get off the road and to your final destination. That sounds about right. That's in good weather with good traffic.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:30 AM

28 posts, read 42,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverchris View Post
To the OP, good luck with your move. We moved to Denver from Texas a few years back, but due to the job had to move back to Dallas. You'll love the weather during the summer. Folks would complain about the thermostat hitting 100 but it wasn't the sticky, broiler oven 100 we have here.

With that being said, it's possible that the job could take me back to Denver within a year or so. If the situation was right, I would move back in a heartbeat.
Thank you! We are hoping this works out. We should be hearing back shortly.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So probably another 10 min to I-70, by the time you get off the road and to your final destination. That sounds about right. That's in good weather with good traffic.
Thanks for the info. We are pretty set on Broomfield at this point. Hopefully he gets the job and then we can find a temp rental.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. We are pretty set on Broomfield at this point. Hopefully he gets the job and then we can find a temp rental.
I think you made a good decision. I can't help you with rentals, haven't rented for a long time.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think you made a good decision. I can't help you with rentals, haven't rented for a long time.
Thanks, Kat! I've found quite a few executive rental companies so we will probably look there first. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the hospitality via the internet!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Kat! I've found quite a few executive rental companies so we will probably look there first. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the hospitality via the internet!
A pleasure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver