Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 11:00 AM

572 posts, read 548,937 times

Advertisements

everything I've had there is top notch

I particularly like the
fried prawns with jalapenos,
shu mai
chicken feet
bean sprout noodles
Chinese broccoli
egg custard

we also order the stir fried lobsters from the menu, they are messy but quite delicious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 04:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,366,729 times
Not sure what all I had. Various dumplings - shrimp and leek, pork..., Chinese broccoli, sticky rice, some kind of bean curd I think. Egg custard and sesame balls.

Everything was good. Will go again for sure.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:15 AM

132 posts, read 131,655 times
Gunther Toody's in Thornton......nope!

Old 11-08-2016, 12:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,563,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
Gunther Toody's in Thornton......nope!
I can't believe that place is still open. I never really went there for the food though.

I just had lunch from the building cafeteria. I highly recommend staying away from it.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,207,240 times
T Street Roadhouse in Belmar. Amazing burgers and good pours

Old 11-10-2016, 10:05 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,076,513 times
La Sandia in Lone Tree/Park Meadows. Not very good. My steak was okay, my wife's street tacos were cold and flavorless. Service took forever. Not sure if we just went on a bad night or what...but I'm not sure how this place is still open.

All the other restaurants right next to this place in Park Meadows are dee-lish. But La Sandia disappointed. Pass on this joint if you're looking for good Mexican food.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:43 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,207,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
La Sandia in Lone Tree/Park Meadows. Not very good. My steak was okay, my wife's street tacos were cold and flavorless. Service took forever. Not sure if we just went on a bad night or what...but I'm not sure how this place is still open.

All the other restaurants right next to this place in Park Meadows are dee-lish. But La Sandia disappointed. Pass on this joint if you're looking for good Mexican food.

I agree. The bf and I went thinking it would be upscale and it was not. We didn't even eat there. We left. Don't know how it's still open either..

Old 11-10-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:

I think is only good for happy hour drinks.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,076,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I agree. The bf and I went thinking it would be upscale and it was not. We didn't even eat there. We left. Don't know how it's still open either..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I think is only good for happy hour drinks.
Ugh LOL. We had no idea. We've been to all the surrounding restaurants many times times. White Chocolate, Yardhouse, Brio, Grimaldi's. All are pretty good.

We'd never been to La Sandia so we decided to give it a try. Disappoint.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Ugh LOL. We had no idea. We've been to all the surrounding restaurants many times times. White Chocolate, Yardhouse, Brio, Grimaldi's. All are pretty good.

We'd never been to La Sandia so we decided to give it a try. Disappoint.
It has a nice view though.

It is kind of like the Rio Grande when it comes to food. Just not that good but the drinks somewhat make up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver