Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 11:01 PM

686 posts, read 3,715,544 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info and the great pics. that's one thing I like about Denver. They get a nasty or less desirable neighborhood, and they fix them up. Unlike other cities that let them sit there and become nastier and nastier.

I will definitely have to go to Curtis Park and get some shots of these awesome victorian mansions. I really love those. Reminds me of Brush park in detroit except without them being all decayed and abandoned. Job well done (again)

daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 11:02 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,716,521 times
Ok, where is the weird house with the hexagonal gazebofront porch with a canopy on top?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:05 PM

the what? now that I have to see.

Daniel

Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Thanks for the info and the great pics. that's one thing I like about Denver. They get a nasty or less desirable neighborhood, and they fix them up. Unlike other cities that let them sit there and become nastier and nastier.

I will definitely have to go to Curtis Park and get some shots of these awesome victorian mansions. I really love those. Reminds me of Brush park in detroit except without them being all decayed and abandoned. Job well done (again)

daniel
You are most welcome, and my offer to you still stands to show you around if I am not on a business trip. When are you coming here? I think what has really saved these homes and others in Denver is their proximity to downtown.

You are going to be very close to a few more great homes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
Ok, where is the weird house with the hexagonal gazebofront porch with a canopy on top?
The house isn't weird at all, just restored to it's original state, inside and outside. The gazebo is actually the backyard porch, not the front. The owner takes great pride and tried his best to replicate everything down to the last little tea cup. Fortunate for me it was on the home tour. It is located in Curtis Park:

Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 PM

amazing pics once again. I'll be in town from March 22-28th. I won't be able to do any touring on the 22nd though. By the time I get to the hostel, go shopping, and unpack it will probably be around 6 or 6:30 pm. I will get a fresh start on the 23rd.

What i'm thinking about doing, is each day, I head out farther and farther away from the downtown core. I've never had a vacation by myself where I can tour anything I want so I have no clue. I have all of your (and other peoples) suggestions on what to do, and I will print them out and bring them with me. If your available, I'd still like to do the tour. That'd be great.

Daniel

Old 02-19-2008, 08:26 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,697,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Thanks. I shouldn't venture off 22nd because it's not real safe?? I want to get a feel for the area i'm staying in. For my walk to safeway, I was going to take the route suggested from Mapquest.com

22nd to Tremont Place.
Tremont Place to Park Avenue West
Park Avenue West to East 20th and Clarkson.
No, I don't mean it's not safe. I was just pointing out that if you choose to walk along 22nd, you'll be fine. The route you've noted above shouldn't cause any problems - just be more cautious of your surroundings after dark.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:46 AM

Thanks for clarifying that. I appreciate your help with this. I feel everything should be fine. I live in a rough neighborhood in Tucson so I am not to worried about walking or staying somewhere that may not be in the greatest area.

daniel

Old 02-19-2008, 10:46 AM

261 posts, read 704,857 times
Hey, I would check out the Santa Fe arts district as well. Sounds like you will miss first friday, but it would still be a fun area to walk around on a weekend.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM

where is the Santa fe arts District at? Sounds nice

Daniel

Old 02-20-2008, 09:51 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,552 times
Ashamed to say it but I never heard of Santa fe arts District. I looked it up and I think this is it: artdistrictonsantafe.com .

So, did you decide for sure when you are coming? What did you decide to see since I know you mentioned that your trip was cut short?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver