Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Busses in Colorado Springs sure look great; but their transportation does not even hold a candle to Denver. Never has. Seems like the powers that be are improving the system; but it will take someone with real initiative to pull that trick out of the deep dark forest.
Thats my point. Colorado Springs has by far the worst transit system in the United States. Yet their busses still look nicer then RTD's busses do.

Quote:
The best thing Colorado springs did was FREX, the bus system that covered I-25 from Denver to Colorado springs, with stops in Castle Rock and Monument. Well, the new Mayor put a fast stop to that beauty!!!!
There you go. Thats more transit FAIL for Colorado. The Wasatch Front in Utah is now completely connected by 88 miles of commuter rail. Meanwhile Colorado can't even keep a bus running between Denver and Colorado Springs, let alone connect the Front Range cities with a rail system.

Yet Denver is the most advanced transit city in the West? Whatever.

It's not that transit in Denver and Colorado is hopeless. But if you don't admit the shortcomings, you can't improve anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats my point. Colorado Springs has by far the worst transit system in the United States. Yet their busses still look nicer then RTD's busses do.

There you go. Thats more transit FAIL for Colorado. The Wasatch Front in Utah is now completely connected by 88 miles of commuter rail. Meanwhile Colorado can't even keep a bus running between Denver and Colorado Springs, let alone connect the Front Range cities with a rail system.

Yet Denver is the most advanced transit city in the West? Whatever.

It's not that transit in Denver and Colorado is hopeless. But if you don't admit the shortcomings, you can't improve anything.
The article said Denver is BECOMING the most advance transit city in the West. Though I don't think that's true, it never said anything about Denver's transit system being there yet.

No one cares about what Utah is doing. They have a commuter rail system? Good for them. That makes them the most advance city for public transit, huh?

Colorado Springs also doesn't have "The worst transit system in the US." I know of many worst.

KaaBoom, why are you such a hater? You live in SF, right? I know SF has more than it's share of problems, so why can't you worry about that? You've literally never admitted to the good that Denver is doing as a city, so why are you still here?

Last edited by Mezter; 07-07-2014 at 02:30 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 04:02 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
The one with people riding in it? Colorado Springs has some pretty buses (purchased courtesy of a federal grant) that look nice because they keep them locked in the garage and no one ever rides them.

Meanwhile, RTD actually runs buses, fairly frequently, with the associated wear and tear. Plus, RTD's fleet is at the end of it's life (the fleet is about 14 years old) and will be replaced over the next 2-5 years. The 40' buses are still the ugly ones as RTD selected utility over aesthetics, but the 60' ones should look a bit nicer.
That is the point! Sharp busses with the worst transit plan, Colorado springs has at least 600,000 people! Federal grant? Does the "bus" go to the airport yet?

FREX was great; went to city council meetings about keeping the Front Range Express. The city shot it down. (I heard FREX was coming back this year...........and I have found gold in my back yard............oh yeah, those are just weeds.)

Denver does have a great transit system and some of those busses have been through snow, sleet, rain...........but they got me to work and I could just park my car. Thanks to the RTD drivers, too!

Old 07-07-2014, 04:09 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,401 times
Quote:
FREX was great; went to city council meetings about keeping the Front Range Express. The city shot it down. (I heard FREX was coming back this year...........and I have found gold in my back yard............oh yeah, those are just weeds.)
CDOT is rolling out bus service between Colorado Springs and Denver in early 2015:

Interregional Express Bus Fact Sheet — CDOT

There will also be bus service from Fort Collins to Denver and from Glenwood Springs to Denver.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
The one with people riding in it? Colorado Springs has some pretty buses (purchased courtesy of a federal grant) that look nice because they keep them locked in the garage and no one ever rides them.
Um, that bus is not locked in a garage. The picture was taken on the street.

Quote:
Meanwhile, RTD actually runs buses, fairly frequently, with the associated wear and tear. Plus, RTD's fleet is at the end of it's life (the fleet is about 14 years old) and will be replaced over the next 2-5 years. The 40' buses are still the ugly ones as RTD selected utility over aesthetics, but the 60' ones should look a bit nicer.
I hope you are right. But when I left Denver in 1999, they were still using the original 1981 Articulated busses. They must have kept those almost 20 years. So it might be a while yet before they replace the second generation models. Anyway, if they can't come up with decent branding and paint the busses nice, not much will change anyway.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
But when I left Denver in 1999,
'nuff said

You left 15 years ago and yet, your post history shows you post in the Denver forum almost twice as frequently as you post anywhere else. Think about what that implies. Move on dude. Let it go.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
No one cares about what Utah is doing. They have a commuter rail system? Good for them. That makes them the most advance city for public transit, huh?
We are talking about "How Denver is Becoming the Most Advanced Transit City in the West". So it's relevant to compare it to other cities in the West, to see if it is true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Colorado Springs also doesn't have "The worst transit system in the US." I know of many worst.
For example? Name a few (comparable size), that are worse then Colorado Springs. I've looked but I can't find any.

It does look like they have improved the service in the Springs a bit though. So maybe they are no longer the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver