Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM

40 posts, read 270,533 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Looks like we may be relocating to the Denver area within the next 3 weeks. I would be working in Henderson. What areas would meet our criteria?

Need central (but safe) location for my husband to find work as well. He won't have a job yet and we only have one car so we try to carpool. I'm not familiar with the area at all, other than what I've researched online and what people have told us. We plan on renting a home first so I'm not as picky about that and am confident we can manage that part fairly easily. I just have NO idea what area would be ideal to try to be able to commute and/or possibly use public transportation if we need to. My husband does material/inventory management/warehousing type positions so anything that is. We'd like a commute of less than 30 minutes, 60 worst case.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 05:14 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Welcome to City-Data

Hello, hope we regulars can be of help.

I moved this posting to the Denver section instead of the state-wide forum, to keep the site logical and orderly.

There is a lot of material here already about Denver. To zero in on key info you may be interested in, use the Search Forum tool and use key words like: schools crime light-rail snow weather or whatever is critical to you.

For best results, check the rules, at the top of each forum, and consider providing more info about your situation.

s/Mike

Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Henderson is between Northglenn & Commerce City. Should be no problem finding warehouse jobs along the I-70 corridor. Or housing in Thornton, Northglenn, Commerce City, Brighton, Broomfield.

Good luck with the move.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:35 AM

Thank you!

Now, my future potential boss said living in the foothills would mean more snow, obviously. Are any of these cities between Brighton and Westminster more likely to get more snow? It doesn't appear so looking on the map but that's why I'm asking people who are familiar with the area.

Thanks again,

Sherrie

Old 10-28-2006, 07:42 AM

Ok, it's still early here in AZ . .guess I should clarify my last post!! We DON'T want extra snow!! haha Love the snow, but with one car and a family, we need to live and work where our odds of getting stranded are minimized!!

Also, I have to ask . .would you guys consider the pics posted on this website truly representative of Denver and it's neighboring cities? If not, does anyone know of a good site to get some good pics so we have an idea of what we are getting into. Course, coming from Phoenix, almost ANYTHING looks better as we hate this area, but we like to be as informed as possible. We moved here from WA so we miss the green and the water and I am surprised; it appears the Denver area looks a little bit like high desert and flatter than we imagined. Kind of like being in a bowl, surrounded by the mountains. Similar to Reno, NV . .is this accurate??

Thanks,

Sherrie

Old 10-28-2006, 08:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
we are not surrounded by those pesky mountains. The Foothills and Continental Divide is just west of Denver (you can always tell if you are facing north south east or west if you can see the mountains) Denver's elevation being a mile high (5280 ft above sea level), the suburbs are above that, but by no means lots higher. You are looking in a suburban area. Cities are close enough that they would share the same potential for accumulation.

Choose a 3 or 6 month lease to get a feel for the area...then put down roots.

For the rest of today hold up a piece of paper, that what it looks like in snow most of it will melt today & tomorrow...by Monday the locals will be wearing shorts again!

My UPS guy was wearing pants Thursday when he delivered paper from the springs....it's the first time in 5 years I have seen him in pants!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver