Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:23 PM

25 posts, read 59,794 times

Advertisements

Any comments about Anthem Ranch by Toll Brothers. I know some folks make comments on the Del Webb area but has any one visited the Toll Brothers models (Toll Brothers website has no photos of models)?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,048,180 times
Yes. I wasn't that impressed by them. Basic homes. Not very interesting floor plans. No accommodations for aging in place. Totally dead neighborhoods. Super strong HOAs making it all look cookie cutter. Anything in particular you want to know?

You may have seen my review of the 55+ communities.
//www.city-data.com/forum/color...anch-vs-2.html

Old 07-21-2014, 03:19 PM

Did you see the Toll Brother Models which are new (I think they built late 2013 early 2014)? Thanks

Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Yes I saw the models. If you really like Toll Brothers and aren't set on a 55+ community you are better off here:
http://www.tollbrothers.com/CO/The_E...t_McKay_Shores

You are much closer to stores, restaurants (walking distance to grocery and restaurants actually), great walking trails with mountain view around McKay Lake. Mixed age neighborhood. Very small yards but still better than Anthem Ranch and you can have a fence for the dogs.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 AM

530 posts, read 2,624,973 times
I have looked at the models at Toll Brothers. My parents are thinking about relocating to Colorado. I guess it depends upon what you are looking for. I thought the models were nice. They all had high ceilings and an open feeling. The smaller models were quaint and the larger models can be big enough for a large family! The nearby Club House and Rec Center seemed very nice. Good work out facility, swimming pools and meeting rooms. The staff has been very pleasant each time we have been over to look. I did notice that some models did have a lot of steps leading up to the front and/or in the garage. This would not be convenient for my Mom. If you are interested you should contact them and have them send you some info.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:08 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,611,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire Mike View Post
Any comments about Anthem Ranch by Toll Brothers. I know some folks make comments on the Del Webb area but has any one visited the Toll Brothers models (Toll Brothers website has no photos of models)?
Thanks
Did none of these 3 links work for you ?

Anthem Ranch by Toll Brothers - The Boulder Collection: luxury new homes in Broomfield, CO

Anthem Ranch by Toll Brothers - The Broomfield Collection: luxury new homes in Broomfield, CO

Anthem Ranch by Toll Brothers - The Jefferson Collection: luxury new homes in Broomfield, CO

Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 PM

Yes we have seen the links, just trying to get responses from posters who live/visited Anthem Ranch. We live out of state but will be in Denver area in Sept.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire Mike View Post
We live out of state but will be in Denver area in Sept.
Very good idea. If you want more directed suggestions post what your looking for and your budget. I'm sure folks would by happy to help you find what your looking for. From what I remember you were looking at custom homes and then new home developments. Seems you are also now looking at 55+ communities but haven't mentioned what you want out of a neighborhood, area, amenities, rural, city, suburban, yard, price, style etc.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:32 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,297,230 times
I don't know if Toll Bros here is different from Toll Bros in PA, but...

I lived in suburban Phila for 25 years, which is where Toll got their start and have their corporate HQ. Based on my time in the Phila area, Toll was known for their higher end homes - large and pricey. However, the grapevine said the quality of their construction was not good. That said, when I was house hunting in the late 80s, one of my criteria to the realtor was no Toll-built homes. This eliminated quite a lot, as Toll built about 50% of the new homes in the area I was looking.

On a positive note, if there is a problem with construction you have some recourse, as they are a large company and aren't going anywhere. If you deal with a small builder, they may not be there if/when you need to have them back for guarantee work (or they may play the "file bankruptcy and form a new corporate shell to avoid doing the work game.")

Old 07-23-2014, 02:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I don't know if Toll Bros here is different from Toll Bros in PA, but...

I lived in suburban Phila for 25 years, which is where Toll got their start and have their corporate HQ. Based on my time in the Phila area, Toll was known for their higher end homes - large and pricey. However, the grapevine said the quality of their construction was not good. That said, when I was house hunting in the late 80s, one of my criteria to the realtor was no Toll-built homes. This eliminated quite a lot, as Toll built about 50% of the new homes in the area I was looking.

On a positive note, if there is a problem with construction you have some recourse, as they are a large company and aren't going anywhere. If you deal with a small builder, they may not be there if/when you need to have them back for guarantee work (or they may play the "file bankruptcy and form a new corporate shell to avoid doing the work game.")
They build across the country and have different style's of home to fit the particular area. I've seen models here in Denver and in SoCal, and the houses were very nice. But they all seem to be out in a rather distant, hilly neighborhood far from civilization, other than your neighbors. But then again, they seem to have good views usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver