Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,101 times

Advertisements

Here's the view from my patio at Kipling and C-470. It's just the hogback and some foothills but not bad for a condo on the outskirts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
To me foothills are better than nothing. My in laws live off of Smokey Hill and 470. That is too far east for my taste.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM

224 posts, read 559,763 times
In the foothills suburbs (Golden, Arvada, Morrison) you often have gorgeous views north or south, looking towards the flatirons (Boulder) or south towards Pike's Peak. And although Golden is "tucked in" between Lookout and Table mountains, those table mountain buttes are awesome looking - they loom over most vantage points in downtown Golden. There are also some rental spaces (house shares mostly) on Lookout Mtn, which is a Golden address, that are in your price range. In Summit County you'd have a harder time finding something in your price range.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:02 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
I have a mountain view. Very spectacular during winter. Sold me on the house. The pictures below don't even do it justice.

I live in Arvada, near 64th/Sheridan. My street is on a hill, and my house is on a hill up from the street, so I have a view that my across the street neighbors do not.

In between the two trees at left in the second picture, is Mount Evans, which you can see from the front door and the steps down to the street. My two younger kids have a view of Longs Peak out their bedroom window, and the living room gets to see Mount Tom and Lookout Mountain (Mount Evans is obstructed by neighbors' trees). The driveway can see the tip-tops of the Flatirons, and the garage gets Lookout Mountain and the city below. I can see Pikes Peak from the curb.

This comes after spending my first 6.5 years here in the flatlands/east metro, SE Denver and Aurora, where I had to drive to a west facing street just to make myself feel like I wasn't in Kansas.

If I could do it over again, I would have moved to somewhere in the west metro in the first place.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 PM

325 posts, read 371,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Here's the view from my patio at Kipling and C-470. It's just the hogback and some foothills but not bad for a condo on the outskirts.
Ha! Too funny! I, too, am in condos at Kipling and 470. Love this view!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Far SW Denver/South-Southeast Lakewood or NE Denver (Stapleton) have the best views...the Wadsworth/285 or Kipling/285 area is suburban, but there are great views of the foothills and convenient location to the Tech Center, Downtown, and the foothills and mountains.

Trip to Walmart...sure beats my drive there when I was in IL
Backway to Quincy...Would love a view of the Mountains, am I crazy?-backway-wadsworth-2.jpg
Wadsworth and Quincy...Would love a view of the Mountains, am I crazy?-wadsworth-quincy-2.jpg

Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Far SW Denver/South-Southeast Lakewood or NE Denver (Stapleton) have the best views...the Wadsworth/285 or Kipling/285 area is suburban, but there are great views of the foothills and convenient location to the Tech Center, Downtown, and the foothills and mountains.

Trip to Walmart...sure beats my drive there when I was in IL
Backway to Quincy...Attachment 133720
Wadsworth and Quincy...Attachment 133721
I've always been attracted to your area too for that reason.

I'm just content that my view from home has helped my sanity some.

I love coming down I-70 westbound and exiting Sheridan by the golf course, that's my favorite not-at-home view.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 AM

16 posts, read 19,681 times
[quote=Timmyy;35861351]To me foothills are better than nothing. quote]

100% agree. As a former flatlander, the views into the foothills are plenty beautiful.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
For the OP, take a trip from Denver through Colorado Springs. I find the mountain views in both cities to be spectacular, and there are some wonderful areas in between. However, the views are also quite different since Colorado Springs is close to a very tall mountain. I must agree that living in a high rise in Denver provides some excellent views. If I was going to go for that lifestyle, I would buy a condo in a spectacular high rise. Way way better than renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver