Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times

Advertisements

No one answered your post! I'm sorry.

I live close to Brighton. What I like about it is it's neat small townness. What I hate about it is how far away from downtown it is. Someone I work with lives there and they take at least an hour to get to downtown. But I'm an urban person. So if you are a rural person, you might really like Brighton. There are some really nice subdivisions over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 40,668 times
I am living in Brighton for the 2nd time. I like it here. If you are a person who takes the "T", and cal allow for the time it takes, the convenience of the public transportation is great. It feels like a real neighborhood to me and I have many good friends here. It can be loud sometimes. The parking can be a huge pain in the neck. I think the police & the fire departments here are very good, but fortunately, haven't had any major interactions with either of them.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:10 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,220 times
Is it just me or is someone in here geographically disoriented?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 AM

156 posts, read 946,995 times
Brighton is a neighborhood in the western parts of Boston also. lol

Brighton, CO is really growing, lots of new subdivisions, cheaper than the Denver area. You get the farm town, out of town feel in most of Brighton. I find it non-scenic, dusty and boring. (the town itself)

Old 07-20-2008, 09:28 AM

26 posts, read 81,319 times
Interesting input in this thread, thanks! I know it's a lengthy bump, but I'm researching moving to Brighton, so this info has proven to be useful.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
why are you considering Brighton? What draws you there?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:33 PM

58 posts, read 397,234 times
We live north of Brighton in Weld county. The small rural comunity feel is alive and well up here.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:25 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarko View Post
Interesting input in this thread, thanks! I know it's a lengthy bump, but I'm researching moving to Brighton, so this info has proven to be useful.
I've lived in Brighton for the past 7 years. I'll help if I can with any questions you might have.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
why are you considering Brighton? What draws you there?
I like living in a smaller community, while having a large city nearby. Unfortunately I think it may be too far out for me and where I'd be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
I've lived in Brighton for the past 7 years. I'll help if I can with any questions you might have.
Thanks TexaCo Mom! However after doing some hard thinking yesterday, with the way gas prices are, I'm going to have to look closer to where work is going to be (right at the I-25 and I-225 interchange). So currently I'm looking at south Aurora, Littleton, Centennial, etc. But I don't make a lot of money so my budget isn't very big (I see people posting on here about not wanting to go over $600K for a house, and I'm flabbergasted). lol.

But thanks for any help. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Anyone know anything about the Platte River Ranch subdivision in Brighton? Google maps has street view there and I've been looking through the neighborhood via that, but was wondering if anyone had any specific pros/cons regarding it. Thanks again!

Or Brighton East Farms subdivision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver