Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:06 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I don't know if you've taken a look lately, but there are a few ranchers in Washington-Virginia Vale that have basements. I remember a long time ago you mentioned that you were looking for a house with a basement, right? There's one in particular on S Jasmine St near Kentucky that's been on the market for awhile for a little under $300K that might be worth a look. There might be a reason why it's been on the market for so long though.

Personally, I feel like the UHills area is a bit overpriced, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks-- I'll take a look at that area too. I like some of the Virginia Vale area-- but it really depends on which street though (not the parts right by Colorado Blvd or adjacent to the Glendale border). The other neighborhood in the area I've been paying a lot of attention to is Hampden Heights (I agree with Claire's suggestion). Some 60s/70s homes that look a little bit nicer than most of the U-Hills houses. Still very close to DTC, a little bit further away from the core of Denver.

Actually, a while back I was specifically looking for a house with no basement. Now I am indifferent to having one or not. The open house I went to yesterday had an old school cellar where you open up a trap door in the patio behind the house leading into the basement. Never actually been in one of those before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 11:13 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Don't forget.
Any house inside the Slavens School boundary will cost more. And, it is worth it.

Ignore power lines. Most of Denver is like that. Beyond your control.
AC. Yup. Most won't.
Pests. Huh?
Lot sizes. Hire a landscape architect to re-engineer the entire lot to use less water.
According to this map: http://media.dpsk12.org/boundarymaps/279.pdf the entire attendance area for this school is west of Colorado Blvd. I think for the time being that area is completely out of my reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver