Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 PM

686 posts, read 3,715,810 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to know if anyone has flown the Denver to Tucson route or vice versa on Frontier Airlines. Just curious to know what it's like. I'll be heading to Denver from Tucson in March.
Thanks,

Daniel_T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,425,536 times
That's funny. I heading to Tucson from Denver in March! Spring Training, woohoo!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
I've flown Frontier between Phoenix and Denver dozens of times (including just 2 weeks ago). PHX to DEN is a regular shuttle, and since both airports are major airports, it's relatively inexpensive. TUS to DEN, on the other hand, is a dramatically more expensive flight (sometimes twice as expensive), there's usually only one per day, and I think they use a smaller aircraft. If you want convenience, flying straight out of TUS, you'll have to pay up. If you're trying to save money, investigate whether or not it would be worth taking an airport shuttle to Phoenix and then flying out of Sky Harbor.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 PM

56 posts, read 192,018 times
I live in Tucson and go to UofA. One of my roomates lives in Wisconsin. He always travels on Frontier, and he always flies out of Tucson into Denver and then Denver into Milwaukee and vice versa. He has had no problems with it. He said he loves going into Denver rather than other airports like Dallas.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:48 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Try pricing DEN to PHX and renting a car from PHX (especially if you were going to rent a car anyway). It's 120 miles PHX to TUS but I would think you would be able to drive pretty fast and see the landscape on the way.
Something to consider.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:23 AM

686 posts, read 3,715,810 times
Thanks, I've already bought my ticket. Just wanted to know what the flight is like. I got a good deal on my flight. 230 dollars RT. Not bad at all.

Daniel_T

Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM

56 posts, read 192,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Try pricing DEN to PHX and renting a car from PHX (especially if you were going to rent a car anyway). It's 120 miles PHX to TUS but I would think you would be able to drive pretty fast and see the landscape on the way.
Something to consider.
The "landscape" is all dirt and a few shrubs... and the straightest Highway in America

Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Just curious to know what it's like.
The plane starts on a runway and takes off at about 120 knots (138 MPH). It then raises the gear and heads to Denver.

It will start with a plan desert view and fields and eventually gets to Mountains where you can see forests, trees, and maybe some snow. Brown fields around this time of the year are common as well.

It will then land - oh after the gear is down - and park the plane by the gate.

Ok now is the part that you were probably really asking about:
I flew Frontier few times (not from TUS) and have family and Friends fly it most of the time. They really like Frontier for the quality of Flight (no turbulence/ fly around if needed). Most of their planes are ~2 years old (you probably will be on an Airbus 319).

You will have a good flight.

Got more info than you bargained for? If you want more info, let me know and I can map the probable route for you on my Flight Simulator X. heh

Old 12-28-2007, 04:47 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
The plane starts on a runway and takes off at about 120 knots (138 MPH). It then raises the gear and heads to Denver.

It will start with a plan desert view and fields and eventually gets to Mountains where you can see forests, trees, and maybe some snow. Brown fields around this time of the year are common as well.

It will then land - oh after the gear is down - and park the plane by the gate.
You forgot about the 20 minute taxi back to the gate at DIA.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:56 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
You forgot about the 20 minute taxi back to the gate at DIA.
Heh...you never know. I never had a 20 minute taxi and I did a fair share of flying. IMO, frontier has really an edge of scheduling and timing (loading, unloading, baggage), so their waits are really good compared to United.

I did have a 6 hour taxi on United few years ago. It Departed from the gate and did not take off for 6 hours. It was for a 3 hour flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: