Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 02:31 AM

229 posts, read 423,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There are some great restaurants on both of hammertime33 and SkyDog77's list. I've been to many of them: Linger, Kitchen, Barolo Grill, Rioja, Root Down, Sushi Den, Sasa Sushi, Stoic, Luca...

If you are willing to pay $30+ a head there are some good restaurants. I think when people talk about Denver not having good food options it is in the $20 and below per head range.

Almost any place in America will have decent options in the expensive range.
Just wanted to add that tonight I went to the new Korean BBQ place on 8th and Colorado called Dae Gee and it was under $20 and phenomenal! Packed to the bones and the Jigae's and Galbee were definitely on par with what's out on Havana in Aurora. Good clarification on the under $20 range, but I could list many, many options in this range as well thus still not sure where people are going.

Also wanted to add that I travel to Philadelphia for work quite often these days and while hailed as one of the foodie meccas of the East Coast I find so many of their top rated restaurants to be overly salted and loaded with so much butter and cheap oils. My tongue was almost numb from all the salt I ingested this past week that I was out there. Here in Denver our big hit has been the crisp, fresh, farm to table style restaurants that rely on complementary herbs and the natural flavors of food to shine and be the star. Anything tastes great with tons of sugar and salt but it truly takes skill to bring out the subtlety of flavors and that is what Denver's fine dining scene has really excelled at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 07:51 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Just wanted to add that tonight I went to the new Korean BBQ place on 8th and Colorado called Dae Gee and it was under $20 and phenomenal! Packed to the bones and the Jigae's and Galbee were definitely on par with what's out on Havana in Aurora. Good clarification on the under $20 range, but I could list many, many options in this range as well thus still not sure where people are going.
I went there on Wednesday and it was awesome. It just opened 2 weeks ago, hopefully more restaurants like this start opening up in Denver.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Potager is a favorite date night pick for my husband and me, but we tend to avoid the weekend crowd. Last time we were there on a Friday, an obnoxious, tipsy woman knocked me into the umbrella stand. On a quiet weekday night, however, ithe garden setting is delightful and the food is outstanding. Nice wine list, too.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You can get plenty of good meals for under $20 in Denver. Here are some good, cheaper places (I'm sure they're hundreds more - I haven't eaten everywhere in the Denver Metro Area):

Italian / Pizza
DiFranco’s
Cafe Jordano
Trattoria Stella
Pino's
Sexy Pizza
Ricos Pizzeria

Diner
Zaidy's
Sam's No. 3
The Butcher Block Cafe
Breakfast King

Mexican
Las Tortas
El Taco De Mexico
Tacos DF
Little Anita's

Chinese
Hong Kong Barbecue
JJ Chinese Seafood Restaurant
Chef Liu's Authentic Chinese Cuisine
East Asia Garden

Burgers/Dogs/Wings
Cherry Cricket
Park Burger
My Brother's Bar
The Ãœber Sausage
Biker Jim's
Fire on the Mountain

Indian
*** & Yeti (Seriously, Y a k is a censored work on here?)
Star of India
India's Restaurant
Masalaa

Thai
Thai Diamond Cafe
Thai Monkey Club
Wild Ginger

Vietnamese
Kim Ba
New Saigon
Pho Duy
Pho Le
Viet's
Ba Le Sandwich

South American
Los Cabos II
Maria Empanada
Rincon Argentino

BBQ
Boney's Smokehouse BBQ
Yazoo Barbeque
King's BBQ

Middle Eastern
Cafe Paprika
Ali Baba Grill
Damascus Grill
Phoenician Kabob
Jerusalem Restaurant

Sandwiches
Spinelli's Market
Curtis Park Delicatessen
Masterpiece Delicatessen
Hutch & Spoon
Snarf's

Breakfast/Brunch
Fooducopia
DJ's Berkeley Cafe
Gaia Bistro
Snooze
Jelly
Syrup

Others
African Grill and Bar
Bull & Bush Pub and Brewery
GB Fish & Chips
This would be a great spinoff thread. Best food in Denver on the cheap.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:09 AM

2,276 posts, read 3,078,730 times
Any list of great restaurants in Denver that doesn't include Casa Bonita is completely bogus. If that isn't the definition of fine dining Mexican food then I don't know what is!

But seriously...I've only been to one restaurant on that list (Old Major), but I want to try more. Obviously the list is more geared towards foodies. Still, there are so many good options here it's tough to narrow it down to just 25. They could probably do a Top 100 list if they wanted to, and they would still leave off a lot of great places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: