Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 9,908 times

Advertisements

Just moved here from NJ and I've been staying in Denver while I go on interviews. Have a promising one in the Westminster area, and considering my options on where to rent for a year or two (before buying a home).

I've met great people in both Denver and Boulder. Kinda leaning away from renting in Downtown Denver b/c it's quite pricey and I'm used to having space and getting a 2br/2bath for about $1,500/month. It would me myself and boyfriend.

I'm primarily came to CO for the mountains and hiking, and definitely think north of Denver is the best place with better mountain access.

Boulder is also expensive and has a tight market, so I'm wondering if anyone could recommend some apartment/condo complex areas, towns, and neighborhoods where other young professionals in their late 20s would live that are active, outdoorsy, and kid-free, and would be an easy commute to Westminster.

Although my last place in NJ was a 2x2 for $1,500, I'd be willing to go up to about $1,800.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:49 AM

7,490 posts, read 13,543,400 times
check padmapper.com for Westminster. You will get many possible locations within your $1500 budget.

I would recommend the one at 9820 Westcliff Pkwy due to it being newer, having closest access to the Turnpike, and near a lot of nice restaurants, shops and stores in 2 very close-by shopping centers.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:29 PM

27 posts, read 54,219 times
I'd check out Old Towne Arvada (Wadsworth and Ralston). Not sure what prices are like there, but will be cheaper than denver or boulder - and a better fit than Westminster for what you want.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:42 PM

What's the scene like over there? Does Arvada have any bike lanes/bike paths?

Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM

27 posts, read 54,219 times
Not sure on bike paths, per this link it sounds bike friendly-

Arvada | Bike Jeffco

The main attraction with Olde Town Arvada is it has a downtown area with Bars, Restaurants and Shops. Has less of a surburbia feel and would attract more people in your age group. It's also easy to get to the mountains via I-70 from that area.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 PM

Interesting about the biking, VT_CO10.. I checked out some apartment complexes in Arvada, and gotta say, I wasn't very impressed, not to mention Pet rent! What the heck is that nonsense!? lol maybe it's just a CO thing?

Maybe I need to look for more of a standalone townhouse/condo for rent..

Ideally, we'd love to be able to bike to a bar or two, have some good restaurants with good beer nearby, and have easy access to hikes...Wondering if Boulder will be doable rent and space wise..is there anywhere on the outskirts of Boulder I should look into? Area/town/neighborhood names?

Old 10-04-2014, 08:56 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,935,121 times
How about S Boulder? It's sort of Boulder light. there are a few bars and restaurants (Southern Sun, Under the Sun, etc.) and you could ride anywhere in town on bikes, downtown is about 3 miles, the hiking trail heads would be about 1-2 miles, etc.

I looked on Padmapper and there are a couple 2 bedroom apts and condos in the area.

The condos are off of Tantra Dr. and have easy access to the CU cross country trail and S Boulder path. It's a little farther to the bars and mountain hiking, but definitely walkable if you like a walk.

The apartments are at the intersection of Table Mesa and Broadway. They are technically in a nicer area, but I don't think you will notice that big of a difference. The bars and restaurants are across the street and the hiking trails are about a mile.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:41 AM

Thanks Brown_dog, S Boulder is next to check out. I've been finding some places of good value in Broomfield, where it turns out my job actually is. Its just north of Westminster border. There are some good options apt wise in Broomfield, seems like theres a ton of shops and restaurants. Plus my commute would be easy and I'd be halfway betw Boulder and Denver. Seems like theres still bike trails and quick mountain access as well..

Anyone late 20s/early 30s live in Broomfield or know anyone that does? What's been your experience?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM

110 posts, read 187,572 times
I lived in Broomfield from my late 20s to my early 30s, and just moved this year. It was ok. Nice, safe, mostly new, and kind of boring. Not much in terms of good restaurants or bars, although there are a couple of decent breweries that have popped up in recent years. I would take something near Olde Town Arvada 100x over before I'd live in Broomfield again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver