Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharkonnen View Post
Stoners saturating the market... Laugh!

Grandma & Grandpa have red cards these days. That doesn't make them "stoners" in my book. Remember, it's the 21st century now, no need to stigmatize something based on old propaganda. I am not an imbiber myself, but I am very proud that Colorado was the first to end a needless prohibition.

Live and let live.

Supply v Demand is what's driving up the market.

People who would drop everything and move here for that 1 reason don't represent the majority of "demand."
When that filth is in the air for everyone to smell it is a bit hard to have a live and let live attitude to it. It is bad for everyone's health.

I wouldn't mind to decriminalize it, but the legalization of pot has people thinking they can smoke it wherever they want. That certainly isn't something that I want to be near.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
it's pretty funny that your user name is CravingMountains and yet you knew NOTHING about what it's like living on the front range and can't possibly fathom that other people might be craving the mountains and driving up the COL in cities along the front range

You've been told numerous times you should have done your homework before coming here. You didn't. That's on you so stop complaining about things that are very obvious to everyone after a quick google search. Oh it's dry here? really? we had no idea. It's expensive here? More expensive than Florida? Wow what a shocker...
I was taken by surprise. Denver was always a fly over city in my mind. I didn't know people were moving here so much.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
When that filth is in the air for everyone to smell it is a bit hard to have a live and let live attitude to it. It is bad for everyone's health.

I wouldn't mind to decriminalize it, but the legalization of pot has people thinking they can smoke it wherever they want. That certainly isn't something that I want to be near.
Hmm... may be you are mistaking it with second hand smoking.
You need to read some. There are already ban in public smoking in many areas whether it's pot or cigarette.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Hmm... may be you are mistaking it with second hand smoking.
You need to read some. There are already ban in public smoking in many areas whether it's pot or cigarette.
And you think people listen to that! I have witnessed people smoking it on the street, on bar patios, at red rocks. I have smelled it on my balcony because some a few floors down was smoking it on theirs.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:

I have to say, I've only smelled it once or twice in the air since legalization and I get out and about quite a bit.
Where does one have to be in order to find people who feel that they can smoke it wherever they want?

Still a much bigger issue with cigarette smoke here than the other. That really is everywhere.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:35 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
And you think people listen to that! I have witnessed people smoking it on the street, on bar patios, at red rocks. I have smelled it on my balcony because some a few floors down was smoking it on theirs.
Yes, you will smell it if neighbors smoke it but there is nothing you or I can do about it.
Only options are either buy plenty of oil air fresheners or move into a big ranch.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Yes, you will smell it if neighbors smoke it but there is nothing you or I can do about it.
Only options are either buy plenty of oil air fresheners or move into a big ranch.
Right, because we can all afford a ranch. I'm going to move back to Florida where this nasty substance is kept underground where it belongs.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:35 AM

897 posts, read 1,252,856 times
Damn you are quite the hater CravingMountains... Life is too short to be so miserable.

Lots of time we tend to focus on one thing and then notice it everywhere. Whether it's loud music, a barking dog, or smell of smoke. You just have to learn to let go and realize you are not a special snowflake and that you are sharing space with other people

Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Damn you are quite the hater CravingMountains... Life is too short to be so miserable.

Lots of time we tend to focus on one thing and then notice it everywhere. Whether it's loud music, a barking dog, or smell of smoke. You just have to learn to let go and realize you are not a special snowflake and that you are sharing space with other people
Well I have to be here for another half a year for this job. With cost of living so absurd in this city I just don't see much happiness coming my way (I'm a pretty bitter person to begin with). All I see is an oversaturated rental market and stoners about my age all over the place. I'm here for my career. Why do you think these people here?

Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM

229 posts, read 423,570 times
Quote:
Well I have to be here for another half a year for this job. With cost of living so absurd in this city I just don't see much happiness coming my way (I'm a pretty bitter person to begin with). All I see is an oversaturated rental market and stoners about my age all over the place. I'm here for my career. Why do you think these people here?
All good man. Like I said earlier, each person has to find what they value and what makes them happy and clearly Denver isn't it for you. Others are willing to pay the premium to live here and it's worth it to them, hence the prices. Funny you mention the smell of pot, but since legalization outside of live rock shows (where you always smell pot regardless of the city) I've only smelled it twice and I'm downtown, in RINO, the Highlands, Platt Park, Federal Blvd, all over the city. Heck I went to college in Boulder in the 90's which was weed central and I barely noticed it then. As someone else pointed it out, it's what you choose to focus on. Maybe it's around me more than I realize and I just don't notice it. I know lots of young folks moving here and yes, they partake a bit here and there but they are also extremely bright individuals working in the thriving tech start up scene taking shape now and I would hardly classify them as "stoners". Good luck to you and finding some things to occupy your time for the rest of your time here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver