Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 07:13 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4242 View Post
Nope, I don't have a whole house fan... Good for you!
Well worth the investment. One of the best things about living here IS that I can air out the house from time to time throughout the year. I strongly dislike air that seems to just be constantly recirculated either due to furnace or a/c.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:17 PM

32 posts, read 45,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Please note I was responding to a post that talked about stretches of below zero weather.

If you are referring to my post, I never said anything about stretches below zero. I mentioned stretches (3-4 days as you alluded to) where the temperatures barely get above zero (single digits, low teens) during the day and how that along with daytime highs in the teens and twenties doesn't happen in what many would consider truly mild winter climates. You agreed that you see that occur most years. I was using the 65 degree January days and cold snaps as examples of the extreme variations in the winter temps, not saying that either one is the norm.

Last edited by hiapr; 07-22-2016 at 07:50 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 PM

32 posts, read 45,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Not a fib High today was 89. Low is/will be 64. Much lower than I keep my a/c.

I've only run mine maybe 2-3 times. Whole house fan pulls that awesome cool night air inside and whooshes the stale air out. I've even had to get a blanket out once or twice. Maybe your trouble is in your home systems.
Temperature at 10pm tonight will be 79 degrees, 75 degrees at 11 and 73 degrees at midnight and doesn't drop below 70 until 6 am. This is hardly cool enough to drop my house to a comfortable temperature even if I opened all of the windows. Sounds like your whole house fan is the way to go as it must make quite a difference (wish we had one!).

Old 07-22-2016, 07:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiapr View Post
Temperature at 10pm tonight will be 79 degrees, 75 degrees at 11 and 73 degrees at midnight and doesn't drop below 70 until 6 am. This is hardly cool enough to drop my house to a comfortable temperature even if I opened all of the windows. Sounds like your whole house fan is the way to go as it must make quite a difference (wish we had one!).
Our temp right now is 78. Since I keep my a/c between 74 and 78, it'll be off by the time I go to bed in a few hours. The whole house fan will pull that cool air in and create a cool breeze as long as it's on. We didn't even have a/c for several years when we first moved here. Glad I have it during the day, but not nearly the necessity it was when we lived in the midwest.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:42 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
People like Denver's climate cuz it's mild but still has 4 seasons. People who love Denver's climate generally wouldn't want San Diego's climate. I certainly wouldn't want San Diego weather, it's too warm year round and too dry.

My one problem with Denver's climate is how early the freeze comes and how late it leaves and how dry it is. Otherwise, it seems great.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:18 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
People like Denver's climate cuz it's mild but still has 4 seasons. People who love Denver's climate generally wouldn't want San Diego's climate. I certainly wouldn't want San Diego weather, it's too warm year round and too dry.

My one problem with Denver's climate is how early the freeze comes and how late it leaves and how dry it is. Otherwise, it seems great.
Your type of post is the hardest for me to understand. OK, I get the four seasons part. But then you point out how long Denver’s winter is, which I wouldn’t disagree with. That makes me wonder if Denver with it’s crazy long winter, short spring, short summer, and short fall is really a good example of a four seasons climate. For me a good four seasons climate would have a winter that doesn’t last longer then three months. An ideal four seasons climate = three months of winter, three months of spring, three months of summer, and three months of fall.

As you point out Denver can get freezing winter like temperatures almost any time in the year except in the summer. Add to that that Denver can sometimes get warm summer like days in the middle of winter. I would argue that Denver is a terrible example of a four season climate. Denver is just a mishmash of extreme weather year round.

The second part of your post that I really don’t understand, is that you wouldn’t want San Diego’s climate because it’s too warm year round. Yet Denver has elements of that too, with occasional warm summer like days in the middle of winter. Also Denver’s climate is warmer then San Diego for four months out of the year. If Denver’s summer is not too warm for you, then San Diego’s year round climate shouldn’t be too warm for you either.

Anyway I suspect that you like extreme weather, and are not really looking for a mild or four seasons climate.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:21 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

The second part of your post that I really don’t understand, is that you wouldn’t want San Diego’s climate because it’s too warm year round. Yet Denver has elements of that too, with occasional warm summer like days in the middle of winter. Also Denver’s climate is warmer then San Diego for four months out of the year. If Denver’s summer is not too warm for you, then San Diego’s year round climate shouldn’t be too warm for you either.

Anyway I suspect that you like extreme weather, and are not really looking for a mild or four seasons climate.
For me it's the "occasional" that makes it alright, but I have stated before that the hot summer days are my least favorite part of the year in Denver. Fortunately there are mountains nearby.

I realized a while ago that my favorite thing about the weather here is that it changes. My favorite season is when the seasons are changing. It makes living here awesome.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:34 AM

268 posts, read 344,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
For me it's the "occasional" that makes it alright, but I have stated before that the hot summer days are my least favorite part of the year in Denver. Fortunately there are mountains nearby.

I realized a while ago that my favorite thing about the weather here is that it changes. My favorite season is when the seasons are changing. It makes living here awesome.

Yep, and millions agree that the "mountains" are great and why they are here now.

Have to ask you, how long does it take you to actually get to the "mountains" and how many lines do you wait in on the trailheads now?

Just zip up I70 and there are no people up there!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:43 AM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCurtisEstes View Post
Yep, and millions agree that the "mountains" are great and why they are here now.

Have to ask you, how long does it take you to actually get to the "mountains" and how many lines do you wait in on the trailheads now?

I can get to evergreen in about 25 to 30 minutes. Oddly enough there are parts if the Rockies that exist beyond I70.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:29 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCurtisEstes View Post

What does that have to do with the climate? Yes there are a lot of people here but complaining won't change it.

Just try to enjoy the nice cool climate up in the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver