Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbailey8 View Post
Thanks for the great info.. I am leaning toward Sloans Lake area or maybe just a little north, like Sunnyside..What do you think the citizen response would be for an Eco-friendly house that has less than $20/month utility payments?
So, you reopened my old thread--that is good, newcomers need to realize that there are many areas that are not as well known and are very good places to live.

This citizen's response would be great! However, unless you are truly off the grid, I think it cannot happen. That is because there are basic charges in the monthly utilities that are there and do not depend on usage. Usage costs are in addition to these basic charges. That would include Gas, Electric and Water, as a separate bill.

Now my utilities bills are very small. I have a newer small ranch home. It is just me. I do not need air conditioning and I like it a little cool in the winter. I do not water any lawns or plants. My Gas and Electric last month was about $45.00. My last water bill was $33, for 2 months with a usage of 3000 gallons. Next month I will see 2000 gallons (the meter only measures in 1000 gal.) as I use less than 2500 gallons every two months.

If you can do better--and I think people can--I am all for it. I think you can do solar and sell back to the grid. However, unless the house has well water or ditch water rights, you would have to buy water.

Sloan's Lake is a great choice; north is much better. South of 17th is St. Anthony Hospital which will be closed in less than 2 years, as it is moving. The site will be a big redevelopment. I think also Edgewater, across Sheridan is area, waiting to be discovered. Sunnyside is coming up into the sun and will be a brighter area in the future. However, just north of Sloan's Lake is West Highland. I would also consider the parts of Wheat Ridge and Lakewood that border the areas of Northwest Denver.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 10:17 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,476 times
This A.M. I was riding out east and came across a neighborhood of very large lots and some nice homes I never knew existed.

The area is roughly bordered by Havana to the east, E Kentucky Dr to the north, Dayton to the west and Mississppi to the south. It reminded me of parts of Cherry Hills with large lots, some new homes after scrapes, wide streets without sidewalks and old growth trees.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
This A.M. I was riding out east and came across a neighborhood of very large lots and some nice homes I never knew existed.

The area is roughly bordered by Havana to the east, E Kentucky Dr to the north, Dayton to the west and Mississppi to the south. It reminded me of parts of Cherry Hills with large lots, some new homes after scrapes, wide streets without sidewalks and old growth trees.
Good Information. I able to look at this area in google map and take a ride with you around the neighborhood. Big yards, nice homes. Another gem of an hidden neighborhood in this great area of Denver. Thanks,

Livecontent

Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post

I know exactly where you are talking about and agree completely. It's like a neat little gem tucked away, yet close to everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver