Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 AM

557 posts, read 810,587 times

Advertisements

Nm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 09:15 PM

403 posts, read 759,129 times
What about Lyons Ridge in Morrison? It's adjacent to the Willow Creek/Willow Brook neighborhoods and has pleasant views and very easy access to C-470 and 285. It's a community of brand new homes. I believe there is a waitlist, but it could be an option for you. Within your budget as well. Cardel and KB Homes are currently building and have models open. Toll Brothers will be starting at some point.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliern View Post
What about Lyons Ridge in Morrison? It's adjacent to the Willow Creek/Willow Brook neighborhoods and has pleasant views and very easy access to C-470 and 285. It's a community of brand new homes. I believe there is a waitlist, but it could be an option for you. Within your budget as well. Cardel and KB Homes are currently building and have models open. Toll Brothers will be starting at some point.
The OP already built a house in Leyden Rock!

Old 06-03-2015, 05:09 AM

170 posts, read 222,682 times
They aren't rumors it was called Rocky Flats, between 93 and Indiana.
They made nuc war heads, or something like that.
There is a new subdivision going up in Lakewood, Green Gable, built by Ryland Homes and should be cheaper than Soltera.
Just my 2c

Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Data are your friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBilly View Post
Rocky Flats, between 93 and Indiana.
They made nuc war heads
Did not make nuclear warheads.
They made Plutonium Implosion Trigger (PIT) components.
Precisely machined pieces of Pu and Be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium-239

Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 PM

572 posts, read 551,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesunder View Post
Yes, I believe the neighborhood is call Solterra. I haven't been over that way yet, I wasn't sure is it was an over priced neighborhood that backs up to the highway.

Just general info

I know it is a moot point for you Ms. Julesunder - but I wanted to mention to folks considering Solterra that, if you are serious about purchasing there, to absolutely make sure that you evaluate both the lot and subdivision "soils reports" -- as the area is considered to be a deeply dipping bedrock area by the State of Colorado...

My wife and I had bought a lot/home in the Cardel Homes single family homes part of the Solterra development.

Shortly thereafter, the soils reports came in.

After I started asking questions about the soils report -- authored by CTLThompson -- and departures from the report that the developer was moving forward with -- the developer gave me back 100% of my downpayment and told me that they were not the builder for me -- as I wanted them to address construction techniques specified by CTL due to the soils in the area and the design and finish of the home we were under contract to build.

Cardel insisted that CTL inserted "CYA" language into the report, and that they (the builders) were aware of how to build a house... that any additional structural specifications - beyond the infill strategy used =- were unnecessary... again, the builder Cardel Homes Solterra then breached their own real estate contract...

Old 06-16-2015, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Did not make nuclear warheads.
They made Plutonium Implosion Trigger (PIT) components.
Precisely machined pieces of Pu and Be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium-239
Odd choice. Here's a more relevant link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioa...ky_Flats_Plant

The articles linked from that Wikipedia page are good too, and there's more about Rocky Flats on youtube.

We almost bought in Leydon Rock until we found out that the "clean-up" (which they did a poor job with) was only done at the actual site, and Leydon Rock is only 3 miles southeast of it. All of the radioactive fallout (i.e. plutonium oxide) that was distributed from both operations and the fires that occurred are still very much present in the soil (see Study: Rocky Flats as contaminated as it was 40 years ago - The Denver Post). Plutonium oxide is highly carcinogenic, and linked strongly to both birth defects and various forms of cancer. Not the greatest thing to live with when you want to raise a family.

Even if you want to believe that the area is safe to live in, they are planning to build a four lane highway that runs right through the center of Leyden Rock. Who wants a highway running directly through their backyard?

http://www.consiliumdesign.com/wp-co...MASTERPLAN.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colora...te_Highway_470
Environmental groups sue feds over proposed Jefferson Parkway land swap - Boulder Daily Camera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver