Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 AM

117 posts, read 217,170 times

Advertisements

Would love information on Saddlerock homes. And Aurora itself? We currently live in a very upscale area with amazing schools, parks etc... Home values of over 600,000. My question is, I noticed Saddlerock in technically in Aurora, but closer to Centennial really... would love any info on this area?

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 08:26 AM

11,845 posts, read 34,492,944 times
Saddle Rock is a subdivision in Aurora made up of all types of homes on or near the golf course.

Centennial is a newer city that took parts of unincorporated Arapahoe County.

A more exclusive (read higher end) city is Greenwood Village. Lone Tree also has a nice golf course, and is a part of the South Suburban Recreaction District. You also might want to look at Castle Pines.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 AM

yes, my hubby would be working in Greenwood Village, but we are trying to find Christian private school first, then home, but are looking at neighborhoods also to get an idea. There aren't a ton of home in Greenwood village that we like in our price range. Seems you get more for your money in others... But thanks. I will check out those others too.

But is the Saddle Rock area safe? I ask because I wonder if Aurora if a safe area? What city is castle pines in?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 AM

11,845 posts, read 34,492,944 times
I live in Highlands Ranch about 45 minutes to the airport. Light Rail to the airport is coming soon.

How safe are you looking for? There are not many "unsafe" places in the metro area. Aurora gets a bad rap perpetuated unfairly. As in " I hear Aurora is bad." "Stay away from Aurora." Safe is a very subjective ideal. Aurora is the second largest city in Colorado, next to Denver. Aurora is in two counties, Adams & Arapahoe. It has two public school districts.

Park Meadows mall is in Lone Tree. My latest favorite restaurant is Seasons 52 on the perimeter of the mall. You may like the housing stock in Lone Tree.

Greenwood Village has a policy that if you want an activity that they do not offer, they will pay for you to attend in another district. If you think GV is expensive, look into Cherry Hills Village.

If Kent Denver is a highly rated high school in the area, why don't you call them and ask where their kids come from?

When relocating buyers ask me for advice, I tell them to cast a wide net at first. Then narrow down the results. You will get a better feel for the area and the lifestyle you want for you and your family.

If you want new and exclusive you also may wish to look at Back County in Highlands Ranch.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I live in Highlands Ranch about 45 minutes to the airport. Light Rail to the airport is coming soon.

How safe are you looking for? There are not many "unsafe" places in the metro area. Aurora gets a bad rap perpetuated unfairly. As in " I hear Aurora is bad." "Stay away from Aurora." Safe is a very subjective ideal. Aurora is the second largest city in Colorado, next to Denver. Aurora is in two counties, Adams & Arapahoe. It has two public school districts.

Park Meadows mall is in Lone Tree. My latest favorite restaurant is Seasons 52 on the perimeter of the mall. You may like the housing stock in Lone Tree.

Greenwood Village has a policy that if you want an activity that they do not offer, they will pay for you to attend in another district. If you think GV is expensive, look into Cherry Hills Village.

If Kent Denver is a highly rated high school in the area, why don't you call them and ask where their kids come from?

When relocating buyers ask me for advice, I tell them to cast a wide net at first. Then narrow down the results. You will get a better feel for the area and the lifestyle you want for you and your family.

If you want new and exclusive you also may wish to look at Back County in Highlands Ranch.
Thank you, yes I saw cherry hills V! very expensive. I loved Highlands Ranch, just wasn't sure if it's too far away from shopping etc. we saw the new mall there. very nice... But I keep going back to the fact that I have to find a few schools first. It's so easy to find a great home, but I guess I need to focus on school right now and then let me narrow it down by that. Thank you!!!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:09 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,749,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
yes, my hubby would be working in Greenwood Village, but we are trying to find Christian private school first, then home, but are looking at neighborhoods also to get an idea. There aren't a ton of home in Greenwood village that we like in our price range. Seems you get more for your money in others... But thanks. I will check out those others too.

But is the Saddle Rock area safe? I ask because I wonder if Aurora if a safe area? What city is castle pines in?
If you are talking about the area near Smoky Hill/ Southlands, yes, it is safe.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,438,067 times
Quote:
Southeast Aurora where Saddle Rock is located is very safe and very nice. I think much of Saddle Rock is assigned to Grandview HS which seems to have an excellent reputation.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:23 PM

5 posts, read 7,592 times
Granted we live in an apartment, but it's right across the road from Saddle Rock golf course. So far it's been very safe and haven't had ANY problems in our complex or anywhere in the area. The area (Smokey Hill/Southlands/Saddle Rock) has lots of new construction homes, town homes and apartments. And with the prices people pay to buy or rent, it's a majority of middle/upper class.

Traffic going west on Arapahoe can be irritating sometimes because there is a stretch that goes from 3 lanes to 1 lane, so I drive through a neighborhood in Foxfield and gets me to work at a Cherry Creek district elementary school in the same amount of time or quicker.

I think that when people talk about Aurora being bad, it's quite a bit further north and not really that bad, just more working class people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver