Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 01:38 AM

403 posts, read 597,539 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm wondering how the dating scene in Denver is.
How is it for young, new-graduated, professional singles especially? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 05:18 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
I would say your chances of dating attractive women dramtically improve the larger your paycheck is.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,546,884 times
Depends what you are looking for.

The people here are different than you will find in LA, New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, Miami, etc...

Old 12-01-2014, 08:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
First you need to graduate from college. //www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...g-singles.html

Old 12-01-2014, 09:43 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
That depends. If you're hot, work out, intelligent, don't have any addictions or mental illness, good sense of humor, easy to get along with and a stable job that pays well, it's going to be great

Old 12-01-2014, 10:10 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
One step at a time. Spend more time studying and then get a job. As another poster said, correctly, get a good salary and then the dates will flock to you.

Who knows when you get out of college and move to Denver, your tastes and preferences will change OR, it seems with your obsession, you will be tied to a mate with hungry children--then your quest will be ended.

Livecontent

Old 12-01-2014, 10:15 AM

694 posts, read 1,038,933 times
You didn't mention of you were male or female? However, just go to match.com.

If you're female, every guy on the website is "athletic and toned," makes 150K+ a year, has a second house in Aspen, is a "man's man," his friends have nothing "but good to say about him," has climbed every 14er in the state, and is the hottest guy to move to Denver in the past 5 years.

If you're a male, there are plenty of young women out there to take your money from those being your own age to the urban cougar scene . . . also, you might get lucky and be asked to join a swingers club in the Highlands Ranch area. You may also want to check out one of the local Whole Foods Markets and see if it's true about picking up women in grocery stores. The bars in LoDo and on South Broadway are good for one-night stands (if you're into that) . . . . and if you just continue to strike out, I've heard of a website called "Denver Back Pages" which should satisfy your fix and maybe help to get the monkey off your back.

And if things go south, there's plenty of walk-in clinics to treat any problem you may encounter.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
I think the kid is guy. When you are 18 and in college, it is not that difficult to get a date.

Do what I did: get them drunk; bring them back to your dorm room but there is a hazard--the girl may throw up on the bed!

When I moved out of the dorms, I went to the laundromat and pretended I did not know how to wash my clothes--worked every time. But, examine her laundry and make sure and if she is washing for children--run away or if she is washing for a big guy-be careful!

When I was in the Army, I just went outside the gate with money in hand and protection in my wallet!

Now, it does not matter. For, when I was 18, I spend all my time looking for girls, and now in my 60s--
I spend all my time looking for the bathroom!

Livecontent

Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,550 times
As JohnnyDenver said, the answer to your question depends if you are male or female. And to a lesser extent what race you are. But you are probably female since it seems to be the norm on this board that females will not be forth coming with their gender, even when it is pertinent, while a male asking the same question would have specified at the start that he was a male. A good dating scene for 20 something females generally translates to a bad dating scene for 20 something males, and of course vis a versa. There is a reason Denver is sometimes referred to as Menver. If you go on Match and search in your narrow 20 something age range within a 30 mile radius of downtown Denver (80202) you will probably find almost twice as many men as women active within the last week. Do that same search in any east coast major metro area, see the difference, what does that tell you?

Old 12-01-2014, 11:35 AM

403 posts, read 597,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
First you need to graduate from college. //www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...g-singles.html
Well yes obviously! I don't even live in Denver now. I don't even know if I'll ever live in Denver. I'm just trying to get some ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver