Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:50 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
B) An angry 41 year old black man was driving down Colfax when he approached the protest. Fired up by teenagers marching against Ferguson and blinded by rage, he decided that it was the right time to show off for them AND exact societal revenge by gunning it into a couple police officers before wrecking his car.

Do you really think either of these scenarios is plausible?
Yes, scenario B that you describe above accurately represents my belief. Yes, I absolutely believe it plausible, in fact I believe it highly probable. I find it odd that you don't even think it is plausible. I believe he had the seizure story formed in his mind before the attack and probably owes more on the car than it is worth and/or expects insurance to pay for the damage due to the seizure.

To those that ask what is the motive... Ego, revenge, social justice. What is the logic of blocking highways and burning down businesses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:28 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,938,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Yes, scenario B that you describe above accurately represents my belief. Yes, I absolutely believe it plausible, in fact I believe it highly probable. I find it odd that you don't even think it is plausible. I believe he had the seizure story formed in his mind before the attack and probably owes more on the car than it is worth and/or expects insurance to pay for the damage due to the seizure.

To those that ask what is the motive... Ego, revenge, social justice. What is the logic of blocking highways and burning down businesses?
So, teenagers trying to participate in a popular nationwide movement (which despite your feelings on the validity of the protest, it isn't all that surprising for kids to participate in something and get caught up in the moment) would momentarily inspire someone to wreck their nice car to attack police taking on a supporting role for a march? The police weren't wearing riot gear, beating children. They were standing there watching kids walk by.

I don't buy your "belief" one bit. Sorry, there's nothing to suggest that it was intentional whatsoever. The minute it happened it sounded like a medical emergency to me. Of course it would appear to an eyewitness like he went for the officers because he veered off the road towards them when he had a seizure and ran off the road. It sounds like the police were able to determine what was going on pretty quickly, and if they really thought he did it intentionally, they would have been all over it.

The fact that he's had seizures before brings up a good point about whether he should be on the road. But the motive of just attacking the officers because he's black and the officers were white is quite a reach. Unless you know something you're not telling us, your conclusion that he attacked the officers simply because they were white and he is a black man is nothing more than a baseless accusation and generalization. Even if he honked to support the kids, how do you know that he hates white cops?

Since all things are possible, I could just as easily theorize that he is a black double agent working for a white supremacist group that wants to incite racial tension. Do you have any proof that he isn't part of such a group?

See how it sounds? I know it's more fun and exciting to think that coincidences and weird events are part of a bigger conspiracy, but I think this line of logic is way over the top. Unless some solid evidence comes out saying otherwise, this should be regarded as an accident and left at that. Otherwise, you're grasping at straws.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,870 times
One thing is for sure, we can never know what was in the driver's mind.
First he has no idea of what happened and/or 2nd, he doesn't want to tell.

Sure, it could be seizures or it could be him ramming the officers thinking he can blame it on his past seizures' history.
There is no way of exactly telling if he had seizure at that moment or not.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:36 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
The truth will come out soon enough, but I definitely believe the story of a medical emergency.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:20 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,938,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post

And another thing, now that I've re-read your post- how on earth would you know if he owes more on the car than it's worth? I'd like to hear why you have any reason to suspect that he a) couldn't afford his car and was b) trying to get a free ride out of the whole thing while c) having revenge on white cops. Project your stereotypes much?

Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
And another thing, now that I've re-read your post- how on earth would you know if he owes more on the car than it's worth? I'd like to hear why you have any reason to suspect that he a) couldn't afford his car and was b) trying to get a free ride out of the whole thing while c) having revenge on white cops. Project your stereotypes much?
I agree....that remark is reflects the racist assumption that black people shouldn't drive expensive cars and if they have one....they cant afford it and it is a scam.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
And another thing, now that I've re-read your post- how on earth would you know if he owes more on the car than it's worth?
I did qualify it by saying "probably". Maybe, maybe not the best choice of words, "possibly" may have have been a better choice, I was rushing to to finish my response as I had an appointment, and this is just the internet. And keep it in context, I was just responding to someone else. I do know, since I did a property and Court search on him (and no one else has), that he does not own, nor has he ever owned, any real estate in the Denver metro area. And that he has a pattern of civil judgments against him. Having done hundreds of such similar searches, when a 41 year old guy has no record of any real property transactions, and he has a pattern of civil judgments against him, I can reasonably say that he is "probably" financially stressed, and that the logical extension of that is that most people that are financially stressed owe more on their vehicles that they the are worth. That is how on earth one can form an opinion of someone else's financial status. You guys have a serious lack of imagination and research skills, don't *assume* that everyone else is equally lacking in those areas.
eta: you don't even live in Denver.... ppppttt

Last edited by Robert5; 12-09-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 01:54 PM

38 posts, read 55,574 times
Clearly whatever happened should be settled in a court of law before a jury of the driver's peers, if anyone wants to press charges. What is not going to happen here is a bunch of the driver's buddies deciding not to even look into the matter just because they all work for the same company

Old 12-09-2014, 02:14 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Its downright scary how many of you won't give the driver the benefit of the doubt, as if he really got a sudden case of "angry black man" and decided to try and kill police officers.

The guy has a history of seizures. Fact. should he be driving? I don't think so. But I don't believe seeing some teenage kids protesting in the street inspired him to "stick it to the man" and plow over some cops...only to stay in the car and get arrested and charged with multiple counts of attempted vehicular hommicde.

My goodness people....if it were a white guy behind the wheel, would this thread even exist?

Old 12-09-2014, 02:21 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Apparently the police believe it, since all official statements are that they believe he was having a medical situation and no charges have been filed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver