Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:04 PM

245 posts, read 323,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The house I'm referring to is probably over 2500 sq. feet above ground and another 1000 finished in the basement, so pricier.

My kids are growing up like it's the 70s. Kids everywhere to play with, we have a huge block party and Easter egg hunt in Spring, pumpkin carving party in the park for Halloween, 4th of July parade, they ride bikes and skateboard all over, catching crawdads in Westerly Creek... and neighbors are like family to us. It's the best place I've ever lived.

You can find cheaper new housing far out in the metro area, but then you're not close to the amenities of downtown and all the non-chain restaurants. From Stapleton, we're within 10 - 15 minutes of so many local and ethnic restaurants. We have memberships to the zoo, Natural History museum, Elitch's (amusement/water park downtown) and go to baseball games. And all of this is about 15 min. or less from our house.
Good to hear, I will be moving to Stapleton(Northfield) within the next year. Question: do people from the Northfield area interact much with the older areas of Stapleton with regards to the neighborhood activities you mention or does each area have kind of have their own stuff going on? Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 04:56 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound41 View Post
Good to hear, I will be moving to Stapleton(Northfield) within the next year. Question: do people from the Northfield area interact much with the older areas of Stapleton with regards to the neighborhood activities you mention or does each area have kind of have their own stuff going on? Thx!
Things like the annual Easter Egg hunt, Winter Welcome, Movies on the Green are all held in the Town Center, which is part of the "original" Stapleton development on the South side of I-70. The pools are spread out around the development, and while some people stick with their favorite (like me and Denverian who like to hang out at F-15 ), lots of people go from pool to pool to mix things up. Also, since the school system in Stapleton is based on the lottery (and not geographic boundaries), kids often go from one area of the neighborhood to another to visit their school friends because they are spread out.

The driving distance between the Town Center and Northfield is only 5 minutes, and people within Stapleton are constantly going back and forth for shopping. I live South of I-70, but am in Northfield a lot because that's where the Target, movie theatre, my salon etc are.

Many residents here refer to Stapleton as different "neighborhoods", but I really view it as one single neighborhood, albeit with different areas.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM

245 posts, read 323,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Things like the annual Easter Egg hunt, Winter Welcome, Movies on the Green are all held in the Town Center, which is part of the "original" Stapleton development on the South side of I-70. The pools are spread out around the development, and while some people stick with their favorite (like me and Denverian who like to hang out at F-15 ), lots of people go from pool to pool to mix things up. Also, since the school system in Stapleton is based on the lottery (and not geographic boundaries), kids often go from one area of the neighborhood to another to visit their school friends because they are spread out.

The driving distance between the Town Center and Northfield is only 5 minutes, and people within Stapleton are constantly going back and forth for shopping. I live South of I-70, but am in Northfield a lot because that's where the Target, movie theatre, my salon etc are.

Many residents here refer to Stapleton as different "neighborhoods", but I really view it as one single neighborhood, albeit with different areas.
Thanks for the insight, I actually only live about 5-10 minutes from Stapleton(N City Park) but I haven't spent much time over there.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 PM

322 posts, read 524,868 times
The Stapleton MCA is going to start hosting more events on the Conservatory Green this summer, which will get more folks from the southside into the north neighborhood. I know a few folks that live in CG, but other than that, I only spend time at the Northfield shops.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:37 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsABeach View Post
emm74, those are both places we're actually considering already - we may end up being neighbors soon . Are you happy with that specific area of the neighborhood?
I am very happy here (based on the total of about 5 weeks! lol!) I really wanted to stay in South Stapleton based on where my job is and where other family members and friends live, but if north of 70 works for you, that might open up some additional possibilities to look at.

Right now, there is a lot of open space around this area because there is still so much completely undeveloped land to the east and south. It's zoned for mixed use, but by the time it gets developed, who knows what will end up there? I'm hoping that I end up being in a truly walkable neighborhood with a mix of housing, retail, and some office/light commercial/non-industrial space going in here eventually. But it's a gamble as a homeowner. For a renter, it's fine - fantastic mountain views, lots of light and a very open feeling and odds are you'd move long before development starts and changes that.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:09 PM

40 posts, read 120,577 times
Thanks emm, that's really helpful! We wondered if we'd get the views in the Stapleton area since it's a bit more east, and it's good to know that you're able to get a little mountains in your life. We're incredibly lucky to live in an area now that we can see some mountains every day on our walks (and can even walk up the street and get a little ocean view).

We're also hoping that as Stapleton expands it will grow into an even more walkable area. As it is, it's actually closer to good stores/dining/amenities than we are now. It seems that some stuff would be accessible on foot, and with a bike we'd really be able to access pretty much everything within 10-20 minutes.

We're planning to rent short term while we get situated and take our time exploring Stapleton and some of the areas others have mentioned. Overall, I think Stapleton is the right mix and I expect that's where we'll end up. I'm not super excited about moving to the mountains in the middle of the Winter, but I think we'll really enjoy living in Denver!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsABeach View Post
Thanks emm, that's really helpful! We wondered if we'd get the views in the Stapleton area since it's a bit more east, and it's good to know that you're able to get a little mountains in your life. We're incredibly lucky to live in an area now that we can see some mountains every day on our walks (and can even walk up the street and get a little ocean view).

We're also hoping that as Stapleton expands it will grow into an even more walkable area. As it is, it's actually closer to good stores/dining/amenities than we are now. It seems that some stuff would be accessible on foot, and with a bike we'd really be able to access pretty much everything within 10-20 minutes.

We're planning to rent short term while we get situated and take our time exploring Stapleton and some of the areas others have mentioned. Overall, I think Stapleton is the right mix and I expect that's where we'll end up. I'm not super excited about moving to the mountains in the middle of the Winter, but I think we'll really enjoy living in Denver!
We've lived in Stapleton for 9 years now, and it's still a work in progress. Once the Eastbridge town center is in, and the marketplace/coop with beer garden is in, we'll be able to walk to more than just a rec center. But even so, I walk a lot (I take long walks a few times a week) and having sidewalks and trails for walking/running is appreciated. Many traditional suburbs have no sidewalks, so you have to walk in the street.

Regarding your post further up, I think our specific area where we live tends to be "more fun" than others lol! I don't know why, but we're just a fun area where people really like to get outside and interact. While there is a Stapleton-wide Easter egg hunt, we coordinate our own. Same with pumpkin carving, and "camping night" in the park. Plus we take turns hosting happy hour on our front porches in the summer. When you move in, make it a point to get to know your neighbors. Host a "happy hour" to get things going. (Happy hour is when the host provides maybe a case of beer and a couple bottles of wine or some margaritas and neighbors come over, bring more drinks, food, etc. The kids play, the parents drink and have fun. Great for all the people with little kids who can't get out for social time as much as they'd like).

Old 01-05-2015, 11:45 AM

322 posts, read 524,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We've lived in Stapleton for 9 years now, and it's still a work in progress. Once the Eastbridge town center is in, and the marketplace/coop with beer garden is in, we'll be able to walk to more than just a rec center. But even so, I walk a lot (I take long walks a few times a week) and having sidewalks and trails for walking/running is appreciated. Many traditional suburbs have no sidewalks, so you have to walk in the street.

Regarding your post further up, I think our specific area where we live tends to be "more fun" than others lol! I don't know why, but we're just a fun area where people really like to get outside and interact. While there is a Stapleton-wide Easter egg hunt, we coordinate our own. Same with pumpkin carving, and "camping night" in the park. Plus we take turns hosting happy hour on our front porches in the summer. When you move in, make it a point to get to know your neighbors. Host a "happy hour" to get things going. (Happy hour is when the host provides maybe a case of beer and a couple bottles of wine or some margaritas and neighbors come over, bring more drinks, food, etc. The kids play, the parents drink and have fun. Great for all the people with little kids who can't get out for social time as much as they'd like).
We have a similar experience in our neighborhood. No egg hunt, but beers on porches, ugly sweater party, impromptu gatherings at the pocket park. Our block is very social.

Stapleton makes for very enjoyable walking - we also go on very long walks throughout the warmer months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver