Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:12 AM

5 posts, read 5,047 times

Advertisements

Hello, new user here.

I will be transferring with my company to Denver in the Spring time. The office is located in Greenwood Village.

I am looking for some nice, safe, areas close to work/downtown for me to look for apartments. I am only 24, single so I am open to anything.

Thing is, rent seems to be more expensive then what I pay ($900 a month, 1BR 1Bath)

I am looking to stay within $900-1050 budget.

I have been looking at the Hampden and South Hampden neighborhoods and they seem nice with a reasonable budget.

Any knowledge on this area? Any other recommendations are welcomed!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 12:12 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,707 times
Where are you moving from?

Hampden is a long, long road (just like love . . . ask Tom Petty). Aurora through Denver and into Englewood and then Sheridan and Lakewood.

You are within budget at 900 - 1050 for a 1 bedroom. What addresses on Hampden can you reference that you looked at?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
Where are you moving from?

Hampden is a long, long road (just like love . . . ask Tom Petty). Aurora through Denver and into Englewood and then Sheridan and Lakewood.

You are within budget at 900 - 1050 for a 1 bedroom. What addresses on Hampden can you reference that you looked at?
Forgot to mention that. I will be moving from Maryland, north of Baltimore.

I looked at these 2 places:

7500 East Quincy Avenue, Denver, CO 80237

3655 South Verbena Street, Denver, CO 80237

Old 01-03-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloBaggins View Post

7500 East Quincy is a nice area.

3655 South Verbena Street is decent.

I would go with the East Quincy apt as my first choice.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
7500 East Quincy is a nice area.

3655 South Verbena Street is decent.

I would go with the East Quincy apt as my first choice.
Thanks!

Any other areas I can look for?

Old 01-03-2015, 04:40 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Where is the office in Greenwood Village? Is it walking distance from light rail?

Old 01-03-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Where is the office in Greenwood Village? Is it walking distance from light rail?
The light rail drops me off right at my office. Araphoe village

Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
The light rail drops me off right at my office. Araphoe village
That really makes it attractive to find a place near a light rail stop.

From a quality of life standpoint, I would try to figure out how to raise the rental budget a few bucks and live in Baker or West Wash Park/Platt Park. It's not going to be a substantial increase, but maybe $100-200/ month. There may be a few 1brs that pop up in the $1K range as well from time to time. Look in Baker near the Alameda Station or West Wash Park/Platt Park near the Louisiana Station.

There are bars, restaurants and breweries within walking distance in these neighborhoods. Where you are looking on Hampden would bore a single 24 year old to tears I think. It will be so worth it.

Map of Denver's neighborhoods for reference: http://www.law.du.edu/images/uploads...IGHBORHOOD.pdf

Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That really makes it attractive to find a place near a light rail stop.

From a quality of life standpoint, I would try to figure out how to raise the rental budget a few bucks and live in Baker or West Wash Park/Platt Park. It's not going to be a substantial increase, but maybe $100-200/ month. There may be a few 1brs that pop up in the $1K range as well from time to time. Look in Baker near the Alameda Station or West Wash Park/Platt Park near the Louisiana Station.

There are bars, restaurants and breweries within walking distance in these neighborhoods. Where you are looking on Hampden would bore a single 24 year old to tears I think. It will be so worth it.

Map of Denver's neighborhoods for reference: http://www.law.du.edu/images/uploads...IGHBORHOOD.pdf
Second that . . . the Baker Commons apartments on Broadway

Old 01-03-2015, 10:13 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:

The Hampden area you are looking at is known as "Southeast Denver." I have lived in this part of town for 4 years now and really like this area. It's a great location for commuting to DTC and positions you on the way to downtown for the times you want to head in that direction.

FYI, 3655 S Verbena is adjacent to a major power substation as well as to a cemetery. Neither one may bother you, but just so you know. The actual apartment complex is OK from my knowledge.

7500 E Quincy is known as one of the cheapest apartment complexes in the area. I toured the place once about 4 years ago and turned it down. However, they just did a major renovation (could be most cosmetic, just a paint job, but at least it is something). It is adjacent to a small City of Denver project housing complex which has questionable characters roaming around at all times of the day and night. May not bother you, but just so you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver