Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,298,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If I could afford it, I'd live in Manhattan, with a deli on every corner, subways, Amtrak, theaters galore, great food, incredible library, central park, carnegie hall, and so much more. One of the best examples of civilization at its peak.
Mike - you can kill 2 birds with one stone by going to Carnegie deli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM

205 posts, read 503,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Subway isn't a deli.
No, it's not; it's the train, but if you reread what was posted, nobody claimed that it was.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBoulder View Post
No, it's not; it's the train, but if you reread what was posted, nobody claimed that it was.
Tongue in cheek.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Did I mention the Taxi's in Manhattan, marvelous way to get around, we had NO trouble getting one in the rain on Thanksgiving Weekend when the city was jammed with visitors for the Macy's Parade. Try that is just about any other big city and you'll be waiting a while.

Of course I meant subway TRAINS. You silly guys.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-09-2014 at 11:40 AM..

Old 12-24-2013, 04:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,449 times
I've been to larger cities (NYC being one), but Denver has everything I need. I can live downtown here at a reasonable cost - 2k/month w/ parking. I have God's playground as my back yard. I can see a world class production at the plex and make it in time for late-day/night skiing in Keystone. There is a balance here that doesn't exist in many places. If you have the energy to do what you want, then Denver is for you.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM

4 posts, read 3,793 times
Most people are commenting on the size of Denver ... and that is hardly fair when comparing to New York. In similar fashion to New York, people in the west flock to Denver. It is hard to say what makes this place special to so many with so little time. Denver is a friendly town, where we all know each other. It is a bigger city with a small town feel. It is also CLEAN. In comparison to not only New York, but most downtown areas of most cities... take a walk down 16th street Mall in downtown Denver... even the homeless are playing music and sporting hipster clothing, picking up trash. lol In addition... you get a little of everything... you wanna hang in the city, than shred the mountain, than shop up scale, than visit the farm.... cause you can. lol New York is an amazing place, but the only thing that makes it any better than any other city, is they hype.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieLync View Post
Most people are commenting on the size of Denver ... and that is hardly fair when comparing to New York. In similar fashion to New York, people in the west flock to Denver. It is hard to say what makes this place special to so many with so little time. Denver is a friendly town, where we all know each other. It is a bigger city with a small town feel. It is also CLEAN. In comparison to not only New York, but most downtown areas of most cities... take a walk down 16th street Mall in downtown Denver... even the homeless are playing music and sporting hipster clothing, picking up trash. lol In addition... you get a little of everything... you wanna hang in the city, than shred the mountain, than shop up scale, than visit the farm.... cause you can. lol New York is an amazing place, but the only thing that makes it any better than any other city, is they hype.
As a native New Yorker, I agree with almost everything except I don't find Denver to be particularly friendly. I certainly don't know "everybody" - barely know my neighbors and I have made a point of getting out and about quite a bit since I moved here. Overall, I've found the Denver metro to be much more insular certainly than where I lived previously (Las Cruces,NM). I still haven't found a church where I feel really welcome, and I've been here two years.
As for the "clean" aspect, I would like to agree, but, the millions of cigarette butts everywhere puts the lie to that claim for me.
Other than that, I love the Denver Art Museum and the other cultural offerings, the shopping variety, public transportation and many other things that make putting up with the extended winters worth for it for now.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:15 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieLync View Post
Denver is a friendly town, where we all know each other.
That's a ridiculous statement. There are 3 million people in the metro area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver