Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

I'm getting into the bfs stuff starting tomorrow. His bedroom closet is driving me up the walls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 05:38 PM

450 posts, read 507,761 times
I'm guilty of saving some old baby stuff and toys because my kids were born almost 17 yrs. apart. The eldest is likely to consider a baby soon enough and she might like to have some of these things. (Some of these these things were hers as a baby)!

Old 01-06-2015, 05:51 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
My best tip is to get a Bagster. Bagster® When you just need to toss stuff in there, it's amazing how easy it becomes to do it.
Or just a lawn & leaf bag, which isn't exactly hard to put stuff into.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,561 times
A big 'thank you' to otterprods....emm74....denverian...davebarnes..... 2bindenver...JW Evergreen...Texas Ag 93...Mike from back east...himain. A wide variety of great suggestions. {{ This is me putting my Thinking Cap on }}

If other members have de-cluttering services to suggest, please share your information, too.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:30 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
And once your clutter is tamed buy a labeler and label everything you can so you'll know where everything goes and avoid immediately re-cluttering.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:03 PM

450 posts, read 507,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
And once your clutter is tamed buy a labeler and label everything you can so you'll know where everything goes and avoid immediately re-cluttering.
That's a good one!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:53 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Or just a lawn & leaf bag, which isn't exactly hard to put stuff into.
A Bagster is a totally different thing. It's a small dumpster, not a trash bag. You can throw out large items, irregularly shaped things that would tear bags, construction and demolition debris include things like leftover lumber from projects that has been hanging around for years. Old mattresses or furniture. Great if you have lots of toys and bulky kid stuff that isn't worth handing down to anyone but which cannot be put in trash bags without shredding them. Plus you can get rid of it in one fell swoop, most people I know have fairly stringent limits on how much trash they can put out at one time. Particularly if you are trying to clear out a basement, garage, or attic, I think a Bagster is a huge help.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Bagster®
looks to be about $130 (purchase + take away)

Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
A big 'thank you' to otterprods....emm74....denverian...davebarnes..... 2bindenver...JW Evergreen...Texas Ag 93...Mike from back east...himain. A wide variety of great suggestions. {{ This is me putting my Thinking Cap on }}

If other members have de-cluttering services to suggest, please share your information, too.

Not a problem at all. I try to this twice a year-new years and summerish.

Also I've moved a lot and that helps trim the fat too, lol

Old 01-07-2015, 10:48 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,959 times
I realize you are looking for a person/service to help you declutter. I wanted to add my two cents. Yesterday I did a goodwill purge of my apartment. Pulled out every of the closets and just got rid of stuff. Felt so good to open up space and get rid of items. I have heard the adage if you haven't used it/worn in a year toss it(donate it, if salvageable). I pulled everything out of the closet to inventory. My apartment was temporarily messy for a short time and then once I got it gone I had all this free, open space. Felt so good to purge. Gonna keep doing this until I move. I realized with my last move I got so attached to materialistic things. Things can be replaced. I was holding on to things I had not touched/used in years for reason I could not figure out. Let it go. I love the mantra "Less is more" Good luck on your De-cluttering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver