Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:52 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
In and Out burger kicks ass, its one of the healthiest fast food places in the country and for a chain its an awesome place, way better than Chick Fila who everyone loves in the South.
I love both INO and CFA, though I give preference to INO by far. And I grew up in the South at that.

For the people who don't love INO: you have likely never lived in California and therefore can't appreciate how great they are!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 12:59 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I love both INO and CFA, though I give preference to INO by far. And I grew up in the South at that.

For the people who don't love INO: you have likely never lived in California and therefore can't appreciate how great they are!!
In and Out Burger was named America's favorite fast food chain for a reason its the best. Not a big fan of Chick Fil A, they have great waffle fries and their Chick Fil A sauce tastes awesome but their food is not that great, average at best. Not a big fan of fast food chains but i have always like In and Out Burger.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:02 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times
In'N'Out burgers and fries only work when one doubles down on the ingredientes.

4x4 and fries, both animal style, and you've got yourself and fat-boys meal right there!!!

If I didn't have issues with gout, I'd still be eating this.
Now I must nosedive off a pier if someone comes walking with that combination!!!

Old 01-18-2015, 03:32 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
In'N'Out burgers and fries only work when one doubles down on the ingredientes.

4x4 and fries, both animal style, and you've got yourself and fat-boys meal right there!!!

If I didn't have issues with gout, I'd still be eating this.
Now I must nosedive off a pier if someone comes walking with that combination!!!
3x3 animal style is the biggest I could eat and that was without fries.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:39 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:

Have you visited one recently? I used to love them but they are living in the past now.

I don't get why people are comparing them to CFA in this thread now. A place that doesn't sell burgers can't be compared with a place that doesn't sell chicken.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Have you visited one recently? I used to love them but they are living in the past now.

I don't get why people are comparing them to CFA in this thread now. A place that doesn't sell burgers can't be compared with a place that doesn't sell chicken.
Odd, every time I have been around an In and Out it has been insanely busy. We hit it up every time we visit Southern California and there is always a line out the door and the drive thru is around the corner.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:00 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Odd, every time I have been around an In and Out it has been insanely busy. We hit it up every time we visit Southern California and there is always a line out the door and the drive thru is around the corner.
So Cal it's part of the culture, I grew up there and remember the locations where you had to eat in your car. In other areas it's not as bad, you often can walk right in and order in Las Vegas other than prime lunch hours or the one closest to the Strip. I actually saw an empty one on a cold day in Salt Lake a few years ago, literally I was the only inside customer at 3pm.

Still things change and just because it was busy before doesn't mean they haven't had to reduce the offering to stay profitable. For people who think of them as part of the culture you can get away with it. Try this new strategy in a new market like Denver and you will see lots of people saying I just don't get why it's so popular.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:27 AM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Quote:

Just because something is popular and has a good following in its home turf, doesn't mean it will translate well elsewhere.

Case in point: I come from St. Louis, and we have St. Louis style pizza out there (Imo's being the largest chain.) St. Louis style is a cracker-thin crust with provel cheese instead of mozzarella. It's big in St. Louis. Huge. St. Louis practically lives on the stuff.

Recently, a chain of St. Louis style pizza stores opened in Denver--three of them, one on Colfax, one on Hampden, and one in Lone Tree. Less than a year later, they all closed. What is beloved in St. Louis didn't go over so well in Denver.

It's a case of it's just not for everybody. Doesn't mean it's great food, or terrible food. But if you take it outside it's usual arena, it may just simply have to be an 'acquired taste'....and Denver apparently didn't acquire a taste for INO or St. Louis style pizza.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Just because something is popular and has a good following in its home turf, doesn't mean it will translate well elsewhere.

Case in point: I come from St. Louis, and we have St. Louis style pizza out there (Imo's being the largest chain.) St. Louis style is a cracker-thin crust with provel cheese instead of mozzarella. It's big in St. Louis. Huge. St. Louis practically lives on the stuff.

Recently, a chain of St. Louis style pizza stores opened in Denver--three of them, one on Colfax, one on Hampden, and one in Lone Tree. Less than a year later, they all closed. What is beloved in St. Louis didn't go over so well in Denver.

It's a case of it's just not for everybody. Doesn't mean it's great food, or terrible food. But if you take it outside it's usual arena, it may just simply have to be an 'acquired taste'....and Denver apparently didn't acquire a taste for INO or St. Louis style pizza.
Denver didn't acquire a taste for INO because it has never been here and probably never will be because of their distribution.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:00 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
Griffs. The burger of my teenage and young adult years. Loved that place when I lived in Olde Town. It's like a trashy version of Culvers, but soooo good.
Yea, it's great for the LDL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver