Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 12:22 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Agreed that the fries aren't up to processed french fry standards. But I thought we were all against processed food these days. So confusing.
No. Only some processed foods. But, not these:
Sysco Imperial Frozen Thin Cut French Fries Skin On 4.5 lb - 6 Pack [$1.85/lb]
"Extended hold fries hold up to 15 minutes, almost 3 times longer than unbattered fries. "

https://test-store.syscoathome.com/products/265-0243784
"Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola and/or soybean and/or cottonseed and/or sunflower), modified potato starch, rice flour, potato and tapioca dextrin, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate."

Just a minuscule amount of added sugar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 01:31 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,279,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
No. Only some processed foods. But, not these:
Sysco Imperial Frozen Thin Cut French Fries Skin On 4.5 lb - 6 Pack [$1.85/lb]
"Extended hold fries hold up to 15 minutes, almost 3 times longer than unbattered fries. "

https://test-store.syscoathome.com/products/265-0243784
"Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola and/or soybean and/or cottonseed and/or sunflower), modified potato starch, rice flour, potato and tapioca dextrin, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate."

Just a minuscule amount of added sugar.
Rice fries! Good lord.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:39 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
I saw those numbers when the data was released last week and thought it was a mistake. Then the articles came out and confirmed it. I was surprised one location even had 60 employees, much less 60 with Covid.
Even aside from COVID, it doesn't make me feel too interested in eating there for general sanitation reasons. What else is being spread around besides COVID when they clearly aren't taking proper precautions

Old 12-31-2020, 10:42 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Even aside from COVID, it doesn't make me feel too interested in eating there for general sanitation reasons. What else is being spread around besides COVID when they clearly aren't taking proper precautions
They released new numbers last night. Reported cases at the 2 In-n-Out locations have increased by 50%. 122 employees have now tested positive. 42 at Aurora, and 80 in the Springs.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...1-75cf2dd6ff93

Old 12-31-2020, 10:57 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
If I had Five Guys nearby, I wouldn't bother driving an extra 4 miles to a In N Out, it's not different enough. But, I don't think most people cook themselves fries and hamburgers, it's just one of those things that are better in a restaurant.

Yeah, it's one of the most notable differences between Denver I think. I don't know why necessarily, it's not a fat place and it's not a monoculture.
My son works there so I get them delivered

Old 12-31-2020, 01:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Favorite burger choices are a matter of taste. Having eaten at several In N Out places while on road trips in other states, I find them to be a step above McDonalds and Jack in the Box, below Wendy's and Carl's Jr. Their consistency in the training of staff and efficiency is commendable, but not worth the wait when there are lines. Most of the time we'd prefer paying a bit more for 5 Guys or Fatburger.

There are no In N Outs in our state, but one now in Keizer Oregon that some idiots from Washington are actually driving to (as much as 3 hours each way) Recent talk of two others in Oregon has been met with resistance from the public, citing traffic congestion, noise and litter.

Last edited by Hemlock140; 12-31-2020 at 02:16 PM..

Old 01-02-2021, 04:47 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,877,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Favorite burger choices are a matter of taste. Having eaten at several In N Out places while on road trips in other states, I find them to be a step above McDonalds and Jack in the Box, below Wendy's and Carl's Jr. Their consistency in the training of staff and efficiency is commendable, but not worth the wait when there are lines. Most of the time we'd prefer paying a bit more for 5 Guys or Fatburger.

There are no In N Outs in our state, but one now in Keizer Oregon that some idiots from Washington are actually driving to (as much as 3 hours each way) Recent talk of two others in Oregon has been met with resistance from the public, citing traffic congestion, noise and litter.
So true. Two things you really can't debate in forums is what's the best burger and best Mexican food. What people want and how they judget these are so all over the map that it you won't ever get a consensus formed. What I do like about people getting into these debates though are suggestions for other places as I'm open to giving them a shot. I have found a number of non-chain places I like quite a lot over the years from reading about posters personal favorites.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:00 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
So true. Two things you really can't debate in forums is what's the best burger and best Mexican food. What people want and how they judget these are so all over the map that it you won't ever get a consensus formed. What I do like about people getting into these debates though are suggestions for other places as I'm open to giving them a shot. I have found a number of non-chain places I like quite a lot over the years from reading about posters personal favorites.
Chinese food too. There is one particular restaurant in my area that gets tons of rave reviews, and honestly, IMO, it's ok but not even close to great. I am always shocked that people think it's the best one in the area.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:47 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
They released new numbers last night. Reported cases at the 2 In-n-Out locations have increased by 50%. 122 employees have now tested positive. 42 at Aurora, and 80 in the Springs.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...1-75cf2dd6ff93
I don't understand how small restaurants with "outbreaks" had to close but In-N-Out continues to stay open.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:14 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,027,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I don't understand how small restaurants with "outbreaks" had to close but In-N-Out continues to stay open.
Probably because In-N-Out has more drive thru customers. The dining room is not open, but the patio for outdoor dining is. Thank You for making the lines shorter. Now I get my burger within 15 minutes walking in. One of America's success story family run since 1948 and still healthier and fresher than most other hamburger places at an affordable price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver